Yaffe stretched tank?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

jrbonniwell

Site Supporter
Trying to get all of my body parts ordered and wanted everyones opinion on the yaffe stretched tank.... Something about the lines of this tank really catches my eye. I've looked at all my other options and for some reason I keep coming back to this one as the one I like most.. Even though the Camtech and Sinister kits flow into the side covers a lot better I still can't say that I like the tank covers as well as the yaffe. Give your opinions!!

lumper

I love the look of the camtech flow, but I am, also thinking that I really would like to have a 6 or 7 gallon tank.
I am modding my bike not only to look like a cool chopped bagger but I want it all functional to tour and that means the greater distance on one tank the better so I am torn.
In the end I think I am going to end up with a yaffee tank too, I have a lot of other stuff to do and learn yet though so I hadnt put a ton of thought into it.
The side panel design especially the bolt on one looks fantastic and keeps your stock tank and stuff in tact, I like that, but I hate to dress it up just for looks, to have the stretched tank and gain 2 to 3 gallons makes good sense to me.
Just my opinion.
Lump

Last edited:

thecort

I chose the Camtech route because they're shrouds, like Sinister, & you keep your original tank capacities & don't need to worry about leaks. That's just me though.

Tap it!

ScrubCycles

I have the Yaffee and so far its been great. Just takes a good amount of cleaning/prep. I was able to sale my stock tank for more then 1/2 what i paid for the yaffee, so thats a plus.

jrbonniwell

Site Supporter
Well I decided to go the yaffe route.. something about the lines of that tank that I just like better than anything else. I know there is some body work involved but hell you gotta do that with anything

shadow

demons cycle tank almost exact same as Yaffe only $300 less and in stock>real happy with it

shadow

Heres another shot of demons seat doesn't fit exact cause it's the stock seat cut down to use as a temp till i have a chance to get a custom one made

NHBAGGER

Site Supporter
I have been trying to find out if that 6 gal tank can be used on a 2001 FLHTC that is carb'd. Been told the top plate had to be modified, what ever that means?

shadow

did you seal the inside of that tank or have someone else do it for you?

I sealed it myself first cleaned it with methyl ethyl keytone a couple of times then with sealer let it dry for a day and then one final coat to get any areas i might have missed in the first round. I almost went with the Yaffe tank and would have if it would have been in stock.I hate ordering a part with no idea of delivery date and this seems to be the norm with some of the popular Yaffe parts.

jrbonniwell

Site Supporter
I would think that as long as you made a cover to go over the hole where the fuel pump goes that there is no reason that it wouldn't work on a carb bike.. Might also have do a little fab work to mount your fuel sender but that shouldn't be too hard.

btw76

I sealed it myself first cleaned it with methyl ethyl keytone a couple of times then with sealer let it dry for a day and then one final coat to get any areas i might have missed in the first round. I almost went with the Yaffe tank and would have if it would have been in stock.I hate ordering a part with no idea of delivery date and this seems to be the norm with some of the popular Yaffe parts.

Shadow what did you use to seal the tank?

Latest posts