Yaffe Rake Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
So what keeps the neck in alignment with the frame while welding it up? It seems like a 1/4 of a degree out of plumb up at the neck could really throw things off down at the bottom of the forks.

I noticed you have a large gap that has to be filled in. I assume you are reusing the factory neck? Any reason you choose this one over the HHI kit? IMO the HHI kit seems like it would give you a little better alignment tolerances.

slothy

Balls
the yaffe tubing is what keeps it aligned, we use a level to check before and after. On the first one we did (mine) we purposely reefed on it to see what would happen - didn't move - using the painters tram gauge to measure points on frame to neck (hes a frame straighten guy at work). the gap in center gets and around filled in with sheet metal, the pieces on bottom are about 3/16" thick. the oem neck is no more then thick sheet metal with a 2nd layer of sheet metal "folded" inside. As for the hhi, the cost is why we don't use it. not saying its better or worse - just the yaffe one works and very easy/quick to do and allows for custom stretches if they want it.

InMotionJosh

One of THE 150!
Not to say they are the same as yours but I saw a bike for sale on ebay that had no rake, just trees and I think it was a 26 and it looked really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts