WTB - Take off Brake Master Cylinder/perch for 06 FLHX

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

RLJ676

My master cylinder is all bubbled up looking from leaking brake fluid. I'm getting monkey bars installed and can't have it looking like junk, and don't want to swing the huge money for chrome so I'm going blacked out controls/grips on chrome bars w/ chrome braided cables.

So, I'd like to buy a stock takeoff from someone for cheap cheap if possible, hopefully in SE Mi so there's no shipping cost.

Thanks,
Rick

Bill

I used to own some shit!
If I were you I would take this oppurtunity to upgrade to the Brembo brakes. You are already buying most of the parts, might as well upgrade while your there.

I switched to Brembo's on my 06 and the difference is unreal, worth spending a couple bucks if you ask me... You can get stock calipers pretty cheap or a little over $300 chromed. The polished spoked 11.8" rotors can be had for around $120 for two if I remember right.

Something to think about...

RLJ676

How much do you want to spend?

I'm hoping like $20 or something....just need the cylinder assembly no lever. I assume there's a lot of takeoffs out there and not huge demand?

If I were you I would take this oppurtunity to upgrade to the Brembo brakes. You are already buying most of the parts, might as well upgrade while your there.

I switched to Brembo's on my 06 and the difference is unreal, worth spending a couple bucks if you ask me... You can get stock calipers pretty cheap or a little over $300 chromed. The polished spoked 11.8" rotors can be had for around $120 for two if I remember right.

Something to think about...

While I would like to upgrade the brakes (actually want a single brake setup....) I am piecing this together slow over time and only play to invest so much. I don't plan on doing a full on build on my 06 for fear I'll end up wanting a 103/sp setup too soon. What all is involved in upgrading though as I'm not sure?

slothy

Balls
I'm hoping like $20 or something....just need the cylinder assembly no lever. I assume there's a lot of takeoffs out there and not huge demand?

While I would like to upgrade the brakes (actually want a single brake setup....) I am piecing this together slow over time and only play to invest so much. I don't plan on doing a full on build on my 06 for fear I'll end up wanting a 103/sp setup too soon. What all is involved in upgrading though as I'm not sure?

Calipers/rotors/master/lines...prob could've use you rotors u have now just minus a little pad area.. 11.5 vs 11.8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Master Cylinder, Clutch Perch, Levers, Calipers, Rotors, Brake Lines, and fluid is pretty much it. You may have to buy some of the small parts like bolts and washers depending on where you get the rest of it. I have a pdf that describes the whole process in detail with part numbers, if you are considering it let me know and I'll email it to you.

RLJ676

Thanks guys.

How much did you end up into the Brembo deal, I'm struggling to find anything online price wise. I'm guessing more than I have to spend right now though, given Brembo's costs dealing w/ them as an OEM haha.

Toosens I'm looking to spend less as I said, and I assume yours is an ABS setup which I'd think differs from what my 06 needs?

I've seen some master cylinders on ebay for $30, not too bad if I can't find any here or local.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
No difference in ABS/non ABS. The ABS systems have another seperate module that modulates the fluid.

I spent a bunch on mine, but I bought everything new including chrome HD controls.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
I have a factory 07 master cylinder off a FLHX, its a 11/16 bore. PM me if you are interested. I also have a complete chrome setup with a 9/16 bore master and clutch perch.

slothy

Balls
I might have something for you. Bought some calipers off here to upgrade my Roadking,might do a 13" now. How's 120.00 for brembo calipers and master, has one little scratch on master, calipers are mint. Needs pads in one. With lever

Last edited:

RLJ676

I might have something for you. Bought some calipers off here to upgrade my Roadking,might do a 13" now. How's 120.00 for brembo calipers and master, has one little scratch on master, calipers are mint. Needs pads in one. With lever

Interesting.....PM sent.

Latest posts