Wiring R.F amp and speakers to stock radio, Need Help Please

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Josh1

Hey Folks I am getting ready to install a R.F amp and speakers to the stock head unit. Just wanted to get a little help along the way. I get the running power and ground to the battery. Just need a little help with the speakers. Its a four channel amp the R.F.-300x4. How do I go about tying in the speaker from the Head unit to the amp to the speakers. Thats where I am getting tripped up. If you have pics or a video that would be awesome. Thanks guys this site is amazing, your all a huge help!!

crutter

Site Supporter
There is a 2/4 channel selector on the amp. Place it in 2 channel. Then cut the RCA plug off of the white and grey harness that comes from Rockford. Cut the terminals off of your factory speaker wires. Connect the corresponding wires. Plug that into the input side of the amp. Now wire your speakers into the other non terminated harness. Plug them into the output side. Set your gains at 5. Also DO NOT hook anything to the rem terminal. It is not needed. If you need a video search "Paul yaffee Rockford" on YouTube. He has a 6 part video. Need any other help let me know

tboner

Another perfect example why this site rocks, great members always there to help!

thecort

I don't have that particular amp but, I've read that it's very important to ground directly to the battery. Also, besides turning off your AVC, lower the volume, a couple of notches, on your external source (iPhone, iPod etc.)

Tap it!

Gdub

One of THE 150!
I don't have that particular amp but, I've read that it's very important to ground directly to the battery. Also, besides turning off your AVC, lower the volume, a couple of notches, on your external source (iPhone, iPod etc.)

Tap it!

I thought the directions state to ground within 18" of the amp? Battery seems a little further than that.

thecort

I thought the directions state to ground within 18" of the amp? Battery seems a little further than that.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that bud. It's just what I've read while doing some research on that amp.

Tap it!

crutter

Site Supporter
Ground goes back to the battery per a gentleman named Forrest at rf tech. The issue with grounding with in 18" is that only leaves you fairing braces and the trees. Both of which get their ground through grease filled bearings in the neck. Not good. The battery or the studs on the frame in front of the battery are the only good solid chassis ground.

HTNHARD

How about the factory grounding point on the neck? I have mine grounded there along with the other factory grounds. So far no problems.

Tap dat ass.

Mines grounded there too. No issues. Along with what everone else ahead of me said, I set my bass to 3-4 bars and the treble to half or just under. I used component speakers. HTNHARD baby! :)

Latest posts