Wiring diagram 2012 Street Glide

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

oscar

I've been looking to replace my radio and speakers so does anyone have radio wiring diagram for 2012 street glide. Or do I need to get a service manual. I did not want to spend $200 for a wiring harness that I read about.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Why do u need a manual it's pretty much plug and play, get the bike tronics kit and there is no splicing of wires

Ride it like you stole it!

True Kustom

I've been looking to replace my radio and speakers so does anyone have radio wiring diagram for 2012 street glide. Or do I need to get a service manual. I did not want to spend $200 for a wiring harness that I read about.

If you dont plan on having hand controls you dont even need the stock harness. There are two easy to use 12volt switched lines under the fairing, cigarette lighter and driving lamp lead that comes off the headlight harness. Grounds are easy and run fresh wires to the new seakers.

If you still want to jump into the stock harness. harley uses orange with white stripe for 12volt + switched an dI believe a solid red for constant 12volts. THe solid red should be a heavier guage wire in to the plug. I would still just run fresh wires to the new speakers.

bradwulf20

medalion makes a plug and play aftermarket "media player" that kicks ass. no cutting, splicing, bullshit. and keep stock hand controls

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I just got a Sony head unit with the bike tronics kit and hog tunes speakers for $500, the bike tronics kit is on eBay for $199

Joebagger

Site Supporter
I just got a Sony head unit with the bike tronics kit and hog tunes speakers for $500, the bike tronics kit is on eBay for $199

Hey Badd bagger did you add an amp yet.... I pretty much have that same set up minus the deck. I just order the hog tunes 2 channel amp and I want to order a new deck...but wanted to know how everything sound?

Rozkopeeko

Is there anything else needed to keep the stock controls working?? Sony unit and biketronics module?? Is one of those PAC modulates needed??

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
No amp yet going to do that over the winter, I've been tinkering with the eq in the radio but so far the hog tune speakers are very tingy to the point it hurts ur ears and I don't know if a amp will fix that I think I'm just going to sell them and going to go with 6-1/2s over the winter

Latest posts