Will epoxy resin stick to vinyl wrap?

jojobara

Hi im new here ive recently made a few of my first fiberglass pieces. Now my question is does anyone know if an epoxy resin will stick to a vinyl car wrap?
I have a carbon fiber vinyl wrap already on the hood of my car.
Ive read about many surfaces that the epoxy will not stick to but i never seen anything about a wrap. I would try it on a test piece but i dont have any scraps.
The wrap is 5yrs old and i would be putting a layer of wax down before the glass. Would this be fine? I have only used pva as a release agent so far.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

midwesta

All the automotive vinyl wrappers that I know require the car to at least have primer over any body work / body filler / weld / raw metal.

I would always try to do that because you can then sand the entire piece and make sure the entire thing is smooth.

midwesta

Oh and you must let the paint / primer cure before wrapping. Wait at least a few days otherwise the vinyl will pull the paint off!

jojobara

Haha sorry you guys took my question in a really wrong way. The hood was not repainted it still has the original paint. I put the wrap on years ago just to make it look carbon fiber. Now i want to use my hood to make a mold so i can make my hood real carbon fiber. If i dont use pva on the hood will i be able to pull the fiberglass mold off of the vinyl wrapped hood?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

1BdBagr

hood of your car?Aintcha kinda in the wrong forum? Also, why would you want to make a mold over a Carbon Fiber wrap? Is it the kind that has texture? If so, your mold will also have the texture.
Tim