Who I am

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Jeremy1976

I am a guy that is passionate about motorcycles and have been since my first recollection in life. I love motorcycles for many reasons. First and foremost is that motorcycles to me are therapy on wheels I always say. It is a good healthy way for me to go clear my head and leave demons behind.

I have traveled a life full of struggles as many of us have. At this moment I have a Uncle in Tennessee who is on his death bed with cancer. My Uncle and I are very close and he has been such a great role model and inspiration for me in life. March 19th 2010 we lost my dad to suicide. He had many demons and was in the USMC and fought a hard battle in Vietnam in 1968 Hue City during the Tet Offensive being wounded 3 times receiving 3 Purple Hearts. My father was a very tough guy to live with and grow up in a household with. My first introduction to suicide was when I was 11. He made a first attempt on taking his life and before doing so he phoned the house and asked to speak to me. He then proceeded to tell me what he was going to do and blamed it on me. That was a demon I battled until my mid 20's before I cut that loose. I always loved my father unconditionally and my family stuck by him through 3 more attempts the 4th being his last and successful attempt at what he chose to do.

The day he took his life he ended up going into the back shed and shot himself in the head with a .40. My sister who is a RN, along with myself had to do things the next day out in the shed that for most would be unimaginable and you would never expect to do especially for a loved one. Just another demon to add to my life.

Why am I telling you this all you may be asking? Not at all for sympathy. More to write about my feelings and life. Sharing parts of my life with others helps in the grieving process and for me to deal with things better. I have to be the strong one for my sister, mom, and rest of family. I deal with things on my own accord but at times it is overwhelming. This is why I am looking so forward to getting my new Street Glide. As I said in the beginning, it is my therapy and release in life. I do not need anyone to ride with or any destination to go to. You guys all get that. Its about a passion we all enjoy and a feeling you cannot describe in words to help others understand. The only way to understand is if you share that passion which I am sure you all do and probably can relate.

This past June my wife, mom, sister and I did a walk for suicide awareness and prevention in NYC. My family raised over $12,000 for prevention and awareness. This is an annual event and this past year the event raised 2.7 million. It was a great experience to be around others who have lost loved ones from suicide. It is one of those things that you do not understand the grief and pain it causes unless you actually live it.

I apologize in advance if this is a little deep and dark for some of you guys. Again, this is not intended for any sympathy. I have been on numerous Harley/bike forums and this one just feels like home and I am glad I have this place to come and check in everyday!

I wish you and your families peace and serenity in life. Hope you all have a great riding season!

Last edited:

Jeremy1976

Mom, me, sister in Brooklyn.

Jeremy1976

We had a cool memorial stone laid in my dads memory in a Memorial Park for Veterans of all wars in Neilsville Wisconsin. This park is about 3 hours from my home. I am planning a day ride up there with 4 of my good buds to see the stone actually in place now. My dad spent a lot of time up at this park and loved it. We figured this was just another good way to honor his service and sacrifice to us and this Country.

Had to take a picture of this very true statement.

Opunui

Jeremy my heart bleeds the same. I to lost a favorite role model to suicide. There is no words to express the emptiness you feel. Keep your head up and be strong.

SUAVE

I feel you on this one man! I too lost 5 close friends to suicide, one of them being my bestfriend... like Opunui said keep your head up man! We'll get through this!

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
Thank you for sharing, I too have lost a family member to suicide, though I wasn't very close, I saw the lasting effects it had on my family.

I am very sorry to hear a out your dad. My dad was also in viet nam, while he wasn't exposed to a lot of combat, he is now starting to have flash backs in his sleep, and starting to act different. He is currently seeing a counselor and appears to be getting better, or at least he is handling things better.

Again, sorry about your dad. It sounds like you are just as tough as your father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redglide75

I have lost a few close friends but never to suicide, I can't imagine what you are going through. Thank you for sharing this Jeremy and stay strong. I hope to see pictures of you on that new bike very soon. I am adding you and your family to my personal prayer list this morning and I'm praying for peace and comfort.

God Bless

lowdog

One of THE 150!
Wow thats some hard stuff bro. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope your able to start your therapy soon.

Raven 6ix

From another Marine who has seen his own worst combat in the 2nd taking of Fallujah back in 2005 as a 19 year old kid. I can tell you that WARRIORS go to a special place. Make no mistake, your father is a Warrior and is no longer feeling his pain that only he understood completely. He is now in a place that he enjoys and understands. He has helped to shape you into your own, strong, self. Stay strong my friend, for your family needs you. I would also like to say thanks to you, your family, and your father for his selfless service that you have all been dealing with for many years. Ride your bike man. I feel like a lot of the guys here ride for the same or similar reasons; as a release from your own individual mundane hell that we affectionately call "life". This forum is a great place for information, and comic relief. Ride on brother.

Raven 6ix: Out.

fame2

One of THE 150!
appreciate you sharing ur story bro...i wish only the best for you and your family

Latest posts