Which Throttle pak?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
Thundermax is A LOT of money for a bike that just has pipes and air cleaner. Plus, you are asking for trouble completely replacing an ECM on a brand new bike. Dealership will have a reason to blame any little problem that may come up regardless if the T-Max had anything to do with it.

Nothing wrong with a V&H Fuel Pak or other similar devices.

Zach

repsol69

Site Supporter
Are you already running a tuner? If not just get everything in one with a thundermax.

Not running anything yet getting Vance n hines power duals w/ hi output mufflers plus an air cleaner.so its gonna have to b re mapped....was doing powercommander to map..yes???? then the throttle pak for better throttle responce....is this right???

sutsut70

Site Supporter
Same thing here. '08 Street Glide....added PM air cleaner and, for now, v&h big radius. Planning on switching to Yaffe Supertrapp Phantom. Other than that, not doing any other motor work. Whats my best route?

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
If you don't plan on going any further than pipes and an air cleaner then I would just do the stage 1 download and throw the throttle pack on it. If you think you might do motor work down the road then spend the money once and get a thundermax. It will be the last tuner you buy and it's not too hard to pull of if your worried about voiding the warranty. Not that I would condone that...

Zach

Site Supporter
Here's my .02 on the great tuner debate.

If you are willing to take your bike to a competent tuner then use whatever device he recommends.

If you aren't willing/can't get the bike to a competent tuner one of the auto tune systems is probably your best bet. Thundermax and the PC 5 seem to be the most popular. The TTS Mastertune can also be tuned by owner using the v-tune feature.

The Revolution Performance EMS is also an option.

For stage 1 upgrades where future upgrades are not anticipated any of the DFO type evinces along with a dealer download work fine.

Personally I'm in the camp where I want the motor tuned to the best it can be and I'm willing to get the bike to one of the best tuners in the country, who happens to be 600 miles away. He prefers the TTS Mastertune so that's what I have.

Zach

FSTBGR

I have the best tuner in the world of harleys down the road....$1000 to tune...mmmmmm...negative...his name is Hero..sorry for the mispelling....red rock harley paid megabucks for him....charges $250 just to inspect your bike....ah my normal tuner dude works for sure....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FSTBGR

The throttle pak worked great stock...when I tossed a 107 stage 4 TMAN kit in it killed my motor literally...took it off and not a problem sense....i think sense most applications have that programmed into it....it was conflicting with my pc-5

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2