What to do.........................

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Deputy#1

Can't decide on exhaust. I like the Big Radius but afraid will be to loud for riding in group and long distance rides..... I've noticed alot of the guys have changed exhaust a few times(I'm trying to avoid this). I am ready to order exhaut now so I can order the rest of the parts for my 23 build. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh one more thing has anyone used the bags and fenders from
True Kustoms

Zach

Site Supporter
Get what you want. If the people in your group get their panties in a bunch, ride in the back. It's been my experience that very few exhausts are "too loud" when cruising down the freeway. Unless you have a ton of compression and a huge cam, most exhausts settle down to a dull rumble when cruising at light throttle.

JMO
Zach

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Oh one more thing has anyone used the bags and fenders from
True Kustoms

I have True Kustoms and they are holding up great. No cracks or paint issues. Just me dragging them in turns when I had the Arnott shocks installed...

This is what they look like after I stretched them 2" and went to Monroe shocks...

ModifiedBags.jpg

Last edited:

sutsut70

Site Supporter
I have a set of v&h big radius I'll be selling soon. I like them but really like the look and sound of the yaffe phantom. If you're interested let me know.

FSTBGR

Once again I shall spesk about the absolute sickness that is called thunderheader....DO IT

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

PGDredd

I have the Big Radius on my '11 SG.....mostly stock motor. It's loud (with great sound!) from light to light and when you are gassing it, but when you are crusing anywhere from 60-85 or so, it really is pretty mellow. Above 85, it starts to talk!

I rode mine with 17 other freinds to Sturgis from Maryland this year and no real complaints. People actually commented on how mellow it is when cruising at 75-80. Get it, you'll like. If it bothers your freinds that much, ride on the right side of them. Problem solved. That or tell them to get over it and ride with the GoldWings! lol...

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I went from true duals to the big radius and the look and sound is perfect and I have ridden with thecort with his big radius and didn't bother me at all, that thunder header is nasty loud but choice is yours

Slam it!

FSTBGR

I went from true duals to the big radius and the look and sound is perfect and I have ridden with thecort with his big radius and didn't bother me at all, that thunder header is nasty loud but choice is yours

Slam it!

The thunderheader isn't loud at all cruising down the highway, its only loud when you rip on it hard. Either way it is unquestionably one of, if not the best sounding pipes ever. I ride with dudes that have V&H's and they are by far one of the loudest pipes ever, which I don't mind at all but they are way louder than a thunderheader, they do sound good though......Who cares about people in your crowd, ride what you like, besides its a harley who wants quiet pipes?

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
The thunderheader isn't loud at all cruising down the highway, its only loud when you rip on it hard. Either way it is unquestionably one of, if not the best sounding pipes ever. I ride with dudes that have V&H's and they are by far one of the loudest pipes ever, which I don't mind at all but they are way louder than a thunderheader, they do sound good though......Who cares about people in your crowd, ride what you like, besides its a harley who wants quiet pipes?

I had Vance true duals and rinehart slip ons and the big radius sounds louder and ur right it's a harley Louders better lol

Slam it!

TNTCC

Site Supporter
+1 Thunderheader....Great sound and you actually get the performance with it unlike so many others.

Brandon

Site Supporter
The only thing about the thunder header is the quality..... I would go with a Vance and Hines pro pipe, better quality, less money........

FSTBGR

The only thing about the thunder header is the quality..... I would go with a Vance and Hines pro pipe, better quality, less money........

I won't argue with the high price of the Thunderheader but I don't think its quality is bad at all, All my boys run them and no issues ever. They make power too, proven all day long......

Nick-O

I am surprised there are not more props for FatCat or Boarzilla, depending on the inches. Great working pipes. Thunderheader is and has been a great platform for a long time now. I don't recall quality issues in the past, but only had personal experience, not dealing them in quantity.

TNTCC

Site Supporter

Less money as well as less power and nowhere near the great sound. Also, never had any quality issues and have ran 4 myself and have installed at least 30 thruout the years.

Brandon

Site Supporter
I won't argue with the high price of the Thunderheader but I don't think its quality is bad at all, All my boys run them and no issues ever. They make power too, proven all day long......

Only up top..... It has the biggest down low dip...... I don't mind them either I had one on my softail for years..... But it did look like a bunch of twelve year olds welded it together, and then they just chromed right over the weld splatter..... I have seen it more times then not. I'm just saying best over all bang for the buck that's all... Vance and Hines pro pipe.