What speakers to go with my set up?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

mstng5point0

I'm doing my audio upgrades this winter. I have decided on a Kenwood x998 or x898 head unit and a Jl xd400 amp. Now I'm looking for some 6.5 speakers to go in the fairing. Looking to stay in the $200-$300 range. Right now I'm looking at the Focal Performance 165AS as my top choice, they are just outside the set price but not to much.

Looking for some suggestions. Thanks.

Diesel

I had vocals that I got from soundz customz while I was in myrtle about 5 years ago. They were good, running them off an arc amp....eventually one stopped working. I replaced them with hertz and the same amp. The hertz sounds much better IMO...

mstng5point0

Are there any Hertz in the price range I would like to be in? Also no opposed to removing my volt guage and air temp guage to install tweeters.

Last edited:

Ferro

Site Supporter
I would go with the SPL's You will pay more but you you will be glad you did in the long run.. Do it one time and save $$$$$.

haze324

Site Supporter
What else are you running? If you go the SPL + horns route you'll want to give the horns their own channel for optimal sound. With these speakers you won't get much low end so keep that in mind if your not running anything else. If you are just running fairing speakers I'd bridge that amp and run something like Hertz Mille Pro or Arc Moto's that will provide you a fuller sound.

Q Hog

Site Supporter
Memphis Mojo horns are comparable to the Hert st25 and are similar in size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mstng5point0

What else are you running? If you go the SPL + horns route you'll want to give the horns their own channel for optimal sound. With these speakers you won't get much low end so keep that in mind if your not running anything else. If you are just running fairing speakers I'd bridge that amp and run something like Hertz Mille Pro or Arc Moto's that will provide you a fuller sound.

The plan right now is to just run 2 in the fairing. Maybe later down the road toss 2 in the bags. But that will be it.

mstng5point0

Dude has a price range and y'all still trying talk into buying Hertz. Lol

Thanks you. I'd love to go throw money at some top of the line Hertz. If I had that money to blow my bike would be done already. Being 28 my mortgage and 2 year old come first. Bike 2nd.

sabre0909

Site Supporter
You can get the Memphis mojo 6.5 and a set of their horns. They sound great especially for the price. I run hertz spl show series in my bike I have 12 of em and IMO the best out there. But if you want to get loud and stay at your price point the Memphis is a great choice

Latest posts