What do you think?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Jeremy1976

So yesterday I take my 12 Street Glide in for the voltage regulator recall. While in there I have them check my oil cooler and associated hoses and connections due to a possible leak. It was wet with oil around it and I checked it out and wiped it down and noticed no leak. Since it was in the shop I figured to mention it so they could check it out as well. Also I had grease from the head bearing dripping out on my front fender and leaving a puddle by the neck so mentioned it and shop guy said they would clean it up and regrease. I go to pick it up and the guy tells me I owe $46.21. I was like what?? He said they did not fix or replace anything so warranty will not cover them cleaning up and greasing my head and nothing was fixed or replaced for them to check out the oil cooler so warranty will not cover that as well. So I get stuck paying for labor??? I have owned many new vehicles cars, trucks, bikes, and I never paid for labor when it was under warranty.

Then the shop guy asked "Did you put that oil cooler on"?? I said no, it is stock and was on from brand new.... I went around and around with them about the $$$ and finally just paid. It was more about the principle. Anyways, just had to rant a little.

Hope you guys/gals are all enjoying the summer!

Jeremy

thecort

So yesterday I take my 12 Street Glide in for the voltage regulator recall. While in there I have them check my oil cooler and associated hoses and connections due to a possible leak. It was wet with oil around it and I checked it out and wiped it down and noticed no leak. Since it was in the shop I figured to mention it so they could check it out as well. Also I had grease from the head bearing dripping out on my front fender and leaving a puddle by the neck so mentioned it and shop guy said they would clean it up and regrease. I go to pick it up and the guy tells me I owe $46.21. I was like what?? He said they did not fix or replace anything so warranty will not cover them cleaning up and greasing my head and nothing was fixed or replaced for them to check out the oil cooler so warranty will not cover that as well. So I get stuck paying for labor??? I have owned many new vehicles cars, trucks, bikes, and I never paid for labor when it was under warranty.

Then the shop guy asked "Did you put that oil cooler on"?? I said no, it is stock and was on from brand new.... I went around and around with them about the $$$ and finally just paid. It was more about the principle. Anyways, just had to rant a little.

Hope you guys/gals are all enjoying the summer!

Jeremy

Sometimes dealers need to learn how to treat customers so that they go back!

Tap it!

crutter

Site Supporter
What dealership was it. I dealt with the same thing when my bike was making a noise. Walked out paying 415 for unauthorized work.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Man fuck Harley dealerships.... If u don't know someone there then ur gonna get the shaft. Do it yourself or find some good friends and buy the beer. (now I'm going in the garage to put the 5th belt of the summer on my piece of shit. Lol.)

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
Man fuck Harley dealerships.... If u don't know someone there then ur gonna get the shaft. Do it yourself or find some good friends and buy the beer. (now I'm going in the garage to put the 5th belt of the summer on my piece of shit. Lol.)

you could have converted to chain drive by now. just in the cost of belts.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Yeah I'm going over this thing with a fine tooth comb....found rear pulley pretty worn out and believe I have been leaving belt to loose the whole time. That's what happens when your always in a hurry. Lol. We will se this time