What do you guys think ?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Aaugman

the Fairing is actually the easiest to do, I don't have to do anything to my forks or trees, just build some brackets, and then a custom inner. I'll be putting an iphone, amp and the biggest speakers that will fit in the space. I'll also put a gps speedo.

I wonder if I anyone has a stretched batwing thats damaged :) I cant spend $700+ on a fairing. I may get a used one off ebay, see how it looks and then modify it from there.

Zach

Site Supporter
That thing is crazy cool Aaugman. I personally like #2 in the second set best.

If you think you can fit a pair of 6x9's in the fairing, I have a set of ARC Audio's I'll sell you cheap.

Zach

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
I've done a batwing fairing on a conventional front end like that and you will not like it... The conventional front ends use a triple tree that has the forks in front of the neck. The baggers have reverse style trees for a reason. when the fairing is mounted on a conventional front end any variance will be exaggerated on the front end. It will sway back and forth and get a wobble. The reason HD did the reverse trees for the baggers is for that reason. The neck is "pulling" the front end, not "pushing" it. The pulling motion does not amplify the sensitivity of the front end dynamics. When I did my set up like yours, I was struggling to figure out what the deal was. I even built a custom mount and put a sportbike steering dampener on it, which helped, but still didn't fix the problem. It would wobble so bad that it was unsafe. Go the road king route and save you a ton of money and headache, not to mention your life! It just doesnt work very well no matter how you do it. You can even call the guys that sell fairings that mount on softails and dynas and they will tell ya the same thing. They make a smaller fairing to catch less wind but at highway speed you will always get a wobble with that style front end and fairing...

Zach

Site Supporter
I've done a batwing fairing on a conventional front end like that and you will not like it... The conventional front ends use a triple tree that has the forks in front of the neck. The baggers have reverse style trees for a reason. when the fairing is mounted on a conventional front end any variance will be exaggerated on the front end. It will sway back and forth and get a wobble. The reason HD did the reverse trees for the baggers is for that reason. The neck is "pulling" the front end, not "pushing" it. The pulling motion does not amplify the sensitivity of the front end dynamics. When I did my set up like yours, I was struggling to figure out what the deal was. I even built a custom mount and put a sportbike steering dampener on it, which helped, but still didn't fix the problem. It would wobble so bad that it was unsafe. Go the road king route and save you a ton of money and headache, not to mention your life! It just doesnt work very well no matter how you do it. You can even call the guys that sell fairings that mount on softails and dynas and they will tell ya the same thing. They make a smaller fairing to catch less wind but at highway speed you will always get a wobble with that style front end and fairing...

Like I said, the Road King look is best. LOL

Very good info Pickard.

Zach

Aaugman

Ya that's great to know !! Thanks!! I guess that makes the decision then, maybe I'll try different types of headlights, any recommendations ?

Latest posts