What are you guys using for fasteners

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

What are you doing with your fasteners?

• Total voters

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
What are you guys using for fasteners?

Are you guys using something like Hot toppers? How about replacement bolts? Leaving them stock? Powder coating or painting them?

I am getting near the end of my build and near the end of my budget! I am leaning towards hot toppers for now and replacing all fasteners next winter with Gardner Westcott fasteners. I have many of their bolts on my FXDWG and they are very high quality. I'm just not ready to keep going right now.

Last edited:

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
Chrome/Polished stainless for me so far. Hot toppers are a good idea but kinda pricey and a pain in the ass to take off to work on the bike

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
Chrome/Polished stainless for me so far. Hot toppers are a good idea but kinda pricey and a pain in the ass to take off to work on the bike

I agree 100%, everytime someone brings me a bike with them and wants engine work done I tell them straight up, they may get damaged during removal, and will not be reinstalled (in a bag) when you get your bike back!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have stock now.

Removed a couple million hot toppers from the previous owner and I swear I will never buy those things!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I'm not a topper fan, Chrome for me!

Chrome looks the best... Until it gets wet and rust forms anywhere a tool touched it.

If I replace mine at some point it will be with polished stainless.

niowa

My motor is put together with ARP 12 point black oxide finish. Took some modification on a few of them to make them fit right.

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
Chrome looks the best... Until it gets wet and rust forms anywhere a tool touched it.

If I replace mine at some point it will be with polished stainless.

All of my gardner westcott bolts on my WG still look great and have been in the rain a few times. I think their chrome quality is much better than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill

I used to own some shit!
All of my gardner westcott bolts on my WG still look great and have been in the rain a few times. I think their chrome quality is much better than others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know...

The only chrome bolts I have ever had came from HD and they suck...

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
shit toppers is what they should call them. they are a pain to get off, they crack, and they look cheap. u can buy a complete engine bolt kit stainless, black pearl, or chrome from drag specialties. even comes with motor mount bolts. it is probably even cheaper than hot toppers and looks way better!! those 12 point are bad ass but they are so expensive. i powedercoated all my bolt heads on my new build

Latest posts