What a day!!!!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

98customRoadGlide

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342898277.432308.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342898289.935706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342898303.697236.jpg

So I was going to clean my front rim this morning before the big bike show in muskegon, mi. Well I put my bike on the lift and it wasn't on right so went to go let it down and the lift slammed down and bike fell over in my garage and cracked the fairing, put a deep scratch in my gas tank. So I was super pissed and smoked a cigeratte calm down for a few minutes then got the fairing back bolted up. I was like okay I'll still go just get this fixed this winter, then the bike wouldn't fire. So tore it all back down, checked the fairing for any loose connections, checked battery , checked coil connections and still no spark. So off to autozone got a multimeter and I had power at the coil no spark. So took my coil off and went to a small local Harley shop and he's like that's not a factory coil lol so bought a Harley coil , charging my battery and seeing if this new coil gives me spark. If not I'll be setting this bagger out in my yard for sale or dumping gas on it and let it burn then call the fire department lol. When it rains it pours!!!!!

98customRoadGlide

Just doesn't make sense it fired up last night after I got the air ride done then I put it all together and then few hours later tried to take it for a night ride and bike wouldn't start. But I guess like Coolerman told me over the phone those coils can go bad in a instant. So $40 for a new Harley coil isn't a bad investment even if this isn't the problem. But if it's not the problem then I'm really confused. Just trying to figure it out on my own because I don't want a $500 Harley shop bill and it makes me learn how to work on it and give me more knowledge on my bike!

crutter

Site Supporter
Find out who owned that bike before you you and punch them in the face. Does the fuel pump make any noise when you turn the switch on?

Opunui

Remember you need three things to run that motor.
1). Compression
2). Spark
3). Fuel
These are the things to check on a carb bike. If your missing any one of these she will not start. If you have 12 volts to the primary side and no spark on the secondary it's your coil. Buy a cheap spark tester..there like 15 bucks. Put one end between the coil and the other to your plug you will see a spark if you got one. Its a good tool for the tool box. Check fuel filter also.

Aloha,

crutter

Site Supporter
Or in a pinch he could ground the electrode of the plug to the head. I was thinking rollover switch but it should have reset when he cycled the key

98customRoadGlide

Wow what few last days I've had but now I know this bike inside and out. So my bike has a aftermarket crane arms ignition. So I checked that area and there was a plug that came loose when I was mounting my air ride tee. Plugged it in tight and she had spark and fires right up. So I didn't need to buy a new coil but least I got a original new Harley coil and new plugs. Doesn't hurt to have a new coil. So now put it all back together and ride it until this winter and get my damages fixed. Big thanks to you guys for your input, that's why I love these forums and big thanks to Coolerman who knows his stuff and kept helping me all day over the phone. Owe that guy a case of beer!!!!! Lol

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I work on some of the most complex medical equipment out there, and there is one rule that saves me time and time again...

ALWAYS LOOK WHERE YOU SHIT LAST!!!

As a matter of fact, it saved me last night!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

98customRoadGlide

Yup live and learn. Coolerman said go back to the last thing you worked on or did, and if I woulda did that woulda been a 5 minute fix instead of a whole day event. But hey least I've learned this bike inside and out and has a new coil and plugs and air ride that I haven't got to ride on yet. So now I'm good to go until winter then fix my damages from this morning and few other mods.

thecort

In hindsight all this stuff that has happened to you & the bike has been a blessing in disguise. You have learned a ton the last couple of days!
Yeah, Robert is Da Man!

HTNHARD

Wow what a day! Glad you at least have her running. What a lesson in patience. It would be hard to keep it together after those events.

98customRoadGlide

Wow what a day! Glad you at least have her running. What a lesson in patience. It would be hard to keep it together after those events.

Lol yea after it fell on the ground I had to take a few deep breaths and smoke a cigeratte lol. I'll take pics of it today, where it cracked in a couple spots I took some e6000 industrial clear silicone and put a couple coats on the cracks to make sure it don't spread anymore, then took some white heat tape and put over the cracks and heat shrunk it. It actually worked out good going to hold it up until winter and kinda blends in with my paint, I just didn't want those cracks to spread and get worse!

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
Thanks for the props! Told ya you caused this shit! LOL!! It just wasn't meant for you to ride this weekend!

Latest posts