Want to rake my street glide

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Hey guys I put a 21 inch rim on street glide and I would like to get the front out from my oil cooler, I don't have the knowledge or money to cut the neck is there another solution like just trees I could do I don't want to get it way out just a little any info would be help full?:cheers2:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I wouldn't do it with a 21....

But, if you insist Trike triple trees would be the way to go. All bolt on and adds 3* of rake.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

yup, I almost want to rake my 21... with the FL style fender, it seems close to the back of the fender... Not sure how it would mess the geometry, but would definitely make the bike a little sleeker extending it those few degrees!

thecort

I think it'll look pretty cool. I'm not sure how much it'll affect the geometry though.
Post pics when you do it.

Tap it!

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
got to remember they were doing it with the 21 originally when they first came out, kewlmetal had a 5 degree kit that was expensive now everybody is doing these 23 to 30 inch which kind of makes the bike look ridiculous but that's just my preference i like the look of i 21 just want to kick the front out a bit thanks for any info:cheers2:

TNTCC

Site Supporter
If you just want looks and don't care how it handles, you'll be fine. Rake and trail figures are there for a reason. Everything in the front effects the figures from different fork length, wheel size, height to neck, rake, fork offset, etc... Just my 2 cents but I'd rather spend the time and money to get the look I want as well as make sure the bike still handles properly as well.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Ohhhh I agree but I have already added the 21 and I can see the bike sits higher then stock if I did the trike trees wouldn't that bring it down a bit the bike doesn't handle bad now from the taller wheel and might get the look I want just a thought

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
we make a bolt on bagger tree for 21 and 23 inch wheels with the correct trail and geometry. We guarantee they will not wobble!!! It's a 6 degree tree and all your factory fairing brackets, fork lock etc bolt right on. No need for a headlight trim kit etc. You can also use a 1" lowering kit if you get our fork tube adapters... Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

Buggy

One of THE 150!
Can you provide a link, does not seem like something Nick would do, especially with only a 21".

Im not a huge computer guy , but go to traskperformance.com click gallery then street the owners name was Rob Natale Its black and this dude rips wheelies on it so it cant be that bad to do.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
we make a bolt on bagger tree for 21 and 23 inch wheels with the correct trail and geometry. We guarantee they will not wobble!!! It's a 6 degree tree and all your factory fairing brackets, fork lock etc bolt right on. No need for a headlight trim kit etc. You can also use a 1" lowering kit if you get our fork tube adapters... Let me know if you are interested. Thanks[/
QUOTE]
There the deal I'm getting ready to use on mine. Ran them cut and raked and wanted to try the Pickard trees.

Jeremy1976

I'm interested in putting on a bigger front too. I was thinking 21 at first but then the last couple days was thinking 26. I then got a price to have the 26 done right and it was more than I wanted to spend ($6500) for everything including front tire and wheel. So then I went back to a 21 just the other day. LOL I do not like the look of a bagger all cramped up tight though big wheel or not. Rake adds a more natural uniform look to it to me personally. So at this point unsure. I stuck way too much money into it already I should just be happy with what I got... I could do a lot with $6500 non bike related...

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Thanks Pickard I just went to ur website and I didn't see a 6 degree tree it says it's a 9 degree and I know I would have to take apart the whole front end but what else is involved with it and what else do I need to buy I just did Arlen ness forks so I would like to use them what comes in the kit?

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
the trees are under "23" bolt on bagger trees" tab in the triple tree section... As for the install, there is a tab on the upper part of the website called "downloads". Click on that and the 23" bolt on tree instructions and you can see step by step with pics. You have the option to run a 1" lowering kit to level out your bike. You will need our fork tube adapters. Other than that, it's a complete kit

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Just looked again I must have hit the wrong trees but I am curious why are the ones for the 26 inch wheel cheaper then the ones for the 23? I will def be saving up for them for my next project

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
Ohhhh I agree but I have already added the 21 and I can see the bike sits higher then stock if I did the trike trees wouldn't that bring it down a bit the bike doesn't handle bad now from the taller wheel and might get the look I want just a thought

well since you already added the 21 wheel. the front forks need to be lowered cuz you have gone up 2 inches on radius of wheel size plus a low profile tire which puts you some where around 26.5 inshes in diameter wheel hight. so by lowering the front end it brings bike back down to normal ride hight. A stock 16 inc with tire is 25 inches in diameter.

smokenjoep01

When you do a 21" with the trike trees. And Leave the fork tube length, the trail is perfectly safe. If not I would like somebody to post the math to the contrary. Im here to learn

Latest posts