VTX1300C Bagger Project

lucien

Site Supporter
I'm about to start converting my VTX into a bagger. Thanks to this site, I've had some good inspiration. It's still a little early, but I decided to get a build thread started.

Right now I'm waiting for my new fender and hard bags to arrive. They were custom made by VN Custom. Their original design was for a VTX1300R, but I had them make some modifications for a C model. I'll still need to to a little drilling and tweaking, but not too much.

Next I'll probably rake the front, put on a 26", and mod a frame mount for a road glide fairing.

Here is a 'before' photo of my bike, followed by a little photoshop tweak to see what it might look like with the bags. Last is a photo of the unfinished bags and new fender that the manufacturer sent me. They should be shipped any day.

lp 2.jpglp 2 w qq full drop bags.jpgqq bags side.jpgqq fender.jpg

lucien

Site Supporter
Yep, those are Quincy's bags and fender; the extended ones. He just shipped them to me yesterday, so I hope to get them by the end of the week.

hdlongrod

Site Supporter
Very cool brother!!! My brother-in-law has a 1300r and I'm trying to get him to bag out his bike. Definitely keep the updates coming!

lucien

Site Supporter
I had some time to work on my bike last night. Here is a quick shot of the mockup to check how everything fits. Now I need to pull it back off to start electrical wiring and hardware tweaks.

qq-mockup-2.JPG

lucien

Site Supporter
Update:

I got the LED license plate installed. I hated to mess up the clean lines of the fender, but the damn plate is a necessity.

I also got to take a test run in the canyons to see if I was going to drag the bags at all. It was a concern because I'm running 10.5" shocks; which is way lower than stock. The test was a success, but I decided to change out my shocks anyway. Today I ordered the Arnott Air Ride adjustable shocks.

Hopefully the shocks will get here by Friday so I can do a test fit on the bike over the weekend. After that, I can FINALLY get the bags and fender back to the painter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360629777.108540.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360629795.193986.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360629853.766023.jpg

lucien

Site Supporter