Vibration help!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

crutter

Site Supporter
I have a vibration that has me confused. It seems to happen as the motor is decelerating between 2500rpms and 1500 rpms. Sometimes pulling the clutch in makes it go away sometimes it doesn't. If it is happening during acceleration it is not very pronounced. It does not happen while cruising. The internals of the motor are stock. I did here a metal on metal knock today after start up. Was random and went away quickly. Where should I start looking so we can figure this out together?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Anychange in oil pressure when you heard the metal on metal?

What year bike?

crutter

Site Supporter
Nope no real change although earlier today my oil pressure light was flickering with the idle of the motor. I just chocked it up to the high temps. Rode the bike for 100 miles after I heard the noise tonight and the noise never came back. The bike is a 2011 street glide with a 96"

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I have an 09 sg and mine to has a bit of a vibration at deceleration I just chalk it up to the trans gearing, all my oils are changed at the end of the season and I always check the plugs for metal shavings, the knocking I have no idea about and your oil light should not be flickering and metal on metal knock is never good and u should still be under warranty so back to the dealer it should go. Good luck

crutter

Site Supporter
I was thinking the compensator. That would cause a vibration? Do you think the dealer would allow me to pay the difference to upgrade to a SE compensator?

crutter

Site Supporter
So I just got a call from the dealer and they found nothing. The compensator nut was tight and the stator was tight and looked good. I guess I'm back at square 1. Just ride it until it does it again I guess.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
thats bullshit...I hate when they do that to people!!! get u a go pro and make it do it and take the video in! lol

So I just got a call from the dealer and they found nothing. The compensator nut was tight and the stator was tight and looked good. I guess I'm back at square 1. Just ride it until it does it again I guess.

crutter

Site Supporter
So I just got off the phone with the dealership again. Seems as there was some miscommunication. They found where the inner primary had marks on it from something rubbing on it and the swing arm was marked up. The only thing they could figure out is that it was an "external" source. Now they want $413 of which I authorized zero dollars. The tech never tried to reproduce the issue. He just put it up on the lift and started tearing it apart. I never even discussed the labor rate with the service writer. Needless to say I am not happy with Battfield hd in Gettysburg pa. In my opinion they condone shady business practices and I will not buy anything from them. Not parts, not a bike, and will not take my bike there for service.

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Sounds like some shady business to me bro

So I just got off the phone with the dealership again. Seems as there was some miscommunication. They found where the inner primary had marks on it from something rubbing on it and the swing arm was marked up. The only thing they could figure out is that it was an "external" source. Now they want $413 of which I authorized zero dollars. The tech never tried to reproduce the issue. He just put it up on the lift and started tearing it apart. I never even discussed the labor rate with the service writer. Needless to say I am not happy with Battfield hd in Gettysburg pa. In my opinion they condone shady business practices and I will not buy anything from them. Not parts, not a bike, and will not take my bike there for service.

Latest posts