Vendor taking forever/ Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh1

Hey Guys,

So at the end of March I paid 80% of invoice to a vendor on this forum for at set of wheels 23 front 18 rear w/tires and rotors.
Was told they would take 6-8 weeks, so I figured if I get them in 10 weeks I'll be stoked.
Well here we are 14 weeks later and still have no wheels, I am really starting to get fu*king pissed.
It has been excuse after excuse, I just don't know what to do, I am ready to call up my credit card company and cancel the order. I was told they were shipping two weeks ago so I started the tear down, my bikes been down for weeks because a vendor can't do business like a pro. I don't want to put the vendor on blast, but folks on this forum need to know whats up so they don't go down the same road as me.

Whats so hard about being straight up and saying I am behind it will be 3-6 months a year just be honest, no thats to hard lets piss off a customer so they never have something good to say about our company.
I mean the work looks great, but if you can't get the customer your product your in the wrong business.
So hear I am no bike, no wheels, a pissed of wife wanting to know whats up, and this vendor has my money and product won't return my phone calls emails for the past week!

What would you do?

2007 road king

This is not good. I think your thread is fine, Glad you didn't put them on Blast right away although 14 weeks is Really bad. Them not returning phone calls or emails is pretty bad too. How much of a deposit did you give them ?
I think it would be hard to dispute with the CC company since the funds have already cleared several months ago.
I just gave a Vendor 1K deposit on a new rim too.....sure hope it's not the same Vendor.

evobagger

Site Supporter
there was an issue like this few weeks ago reguarding a wheel and it was settled as soon as Marc got involved....i would pm him

GrantBoy

How has the communication been, is it hard to get ahold of them or are they quick to respond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metalmaniac

One of THE 150!
Its a difficult situation bro. If its a vendor that has had issues in the past I would contact Marc. If it is a vendor that has never had any issues I guess I would continue to try and make contact. If no response I would call your C/C company and cancel. Bad deal but what else you gonna do? your all tore down with no wheels. Try to find someone with wheels in stock and move on. This vendor obviously doesn't care or he would be trying make you a satisfied customer. I hear it all the time That's just the way it is if you want bagger parts. I call BS.

Mac Spaulding

Site Supporter
i went through same thing with my wheels not a vendor on here though (SMT). it was excuse after excuse. i gave him till friday (while back) and then i said if i dont have a tracking number friday you will see me in your shop monday and then ill be at court house by noon to file suit and he laughed and i said buddy my company pays for my gas and i use company truck and your a days drive away from wyoming. said see ya monday son, and well friday came and i had a email with tracking #'s

jr1000yarder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry man. Had the same thing happened to me by a vendor on here. Marc got my money refunded.....PM Marc and he can mediate for you if needs be. He will be my first call if there is a next time.

Just my .02

JA84

I have been waiting on the same vendor for nearly 6 months now. I have heard every excuse known to man. I really is sad to run a biz in this fashion. I know if I ran my biz like that I would be in business. As far as contact from the vendor it is terrible as well. I feel your pain had I paid with my cc I would have disputed it months ago. The only reason I selected this vendor was because he sponsored the forum but that was a mistake.

e9turbo

Site Supporter
Josh,

I do feel your pain. And sorry to hear this happening.
I am in the same situation with the same vendor. I have gotten Marc involved on two texts messages. It has been a year and three months and have heard every excuse as well paid 100% paid up front with cash.
So I did think about getting 1%er,s involved up in the northeast, and still thinking on this level.
I do hope something can be worked out this is a major problem. And I dont hold CB responsible. But that being said we do need some assistance I do know there is not just two of us waiting either. Or having a problem with this vendor.

Let me know what you can come up with

Daniel
(951) 500-4933

JA84

I don't understand how the site can continue to support a vendor that doesn't follow through with anything. This vendor can afford to be a site supporter but not refund and money.

T

Thomason Performance

I am the vendor that is the topic of this thread. As some of you may know, and some may not, I recently moved the shop to a new facility and it took over 7 weeks just to get the new place wired and powered up and the machines running again. This is the main reason most orders are behind and we are doing everything possible to get back up to speed, albeit not as quickly as some would like.

Josh1 - your wheels were delivered today according to FedEx tracking. Your order also changed mid-stream and had to be pulled from the anodizer and then sent back to the anodizer due to a reversal of the order change, which added 10 more days to your order.
e9turbo - you have most of your parts. I am waiting on the grinder to finish the outer stainless rings as explained multiple times to you. Once he is complete I can then finish the 18" rotor package and send it to you. You also have a full blown one-off set of wheels that no-one else has. Threatening me with 1%er's is not the correct way to do things. Do not ever threaten me again or I will contact the authorities.
JA84 - I don't have money to refund you. I explained this to you already. Your deposit is tied up in blanks. shipping, chroming, polishing, bolts, and bearings. I don't see a dime until the order is complete. I am also waiting on your rotor from the chromer/polisher. I can't put a gun to my vendors heads and make them do the work. I told you that as soon as I hear from him I will let you know. I also offered you a substantial dealer discount to try and help make up for the added delays.

I am doing my best to get caught up, and orders out the door. The unexpected move of the shop put me way behind, and a few of my vendors are behind in their work as well. I'm not trying to screw anyone. I would NEVER take anyone's money and not deliver a product. I may over-promise on turn-around and may not have the best customer service, but I make really fucking nice parts and I won't let junk out of the door - regardless of how long it takes.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.