V.o.e.s

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
well i have a dyna 2000 ignition. i changed my advance curves . the instructions state to ground the voes out when doing this to put the voes at its normal setting. there are a bank of 6 switches . switch 1 i set for normal operation. in stead of special applicatio such as nitrous. turned settiing 2 off . setting 3 on. setting 4 is on 5 is off and 6 is on. my gas milage was horibal. 150 miles t0 a tank before changing to these settings now i get 47 miles to the gallon. over 200 miles to the tank . 5 gallon tank. seems to run fine but my buddy did tell me he seen a puff of black smoke come out the pipe when i got on it doing 70 mph. so that is part of my concern there. Motor combo is 85 cubic inch motor with 10.5 to 1 pistons cnc ported heads with 1.94 intake valve and 1.6 exaust valves makuni carb with a 27.5 pilot jet and 160 main jet. EV59 cam and balanced fly wheels. oil temp. after 210 miles on express way in 70 to 75 degee out side temp was around 205 degrees . seems a little high to me.

crutter

Site Supporter
That all sounds good to me. Good mileage from a 5 gallon tank and the oil temps arent to high. The puff of black smoke is an indication that the bike is running a bit rich. It is not terrible to run a bit rich as it helps to cool the motor. I guess the real question is how is the ride? Is it responsive or does it bog down? Does it start a bit light on power then go all out? What pipes and what mm of carb is your mikuni? Both can have a big impact on the drivability of a bike

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
the ride seams to be fine no it dont seam to hesitate or bog down. it could be a tad lite but not that bad to really be noticible. the pipe i am running is a thunder header, and the carb is a 42 mm makuni. . I might put the 25 pilet jet back in. I know that that does not have no effect after 50 mph. . i just notice i am using some oil though . could be a valve stem seal. not sure what cylinder cuz of the 2 into 1 pipe. compression is up on both cylinders. . know thats a hole ne problem. LOL