Trans suggestions????

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

smokenjoep01

I have used Jims, Baker and Ultima. I have found that the Ultima gearset with Harley bearings is a bullet proof combo. Thats with 124+ hp and rear fender scraping wheelies.
They all are good. But for less than $600.00 bucks the Ultima is my choice.

Zach

Site Supporter
Baker DD5 is supposed to be the most stout tranny they make. They stand behind their stuff too.

Zach

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
Talked to R&D. It's $750 to have them cut a lip into the gears. i might go this route while i'm in afghanistan this fall/winter/spring. 750 for a bulletproof tranny, 600 for 107" jugs and plugs, and 500 for a new clutch. should have a solid drive train (until the crank scissors lol)

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
yeah the man knows his shit, but he sure can talk a lot. he also said the ultima shit is not worth the money and they're made overseas

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
undercutting? we used to do that on the sportbikes

Yeah I talked to him about my junk and he said only thing to really do is buy the broken parts and magna flux the rest...then he will undercut gears on both sides and should be pretty bullet proof..I have a new stock core gonna put that one in the bike and send old junk to him with the new gears from HD and let him do his thing....

And yes Slothy most trans gears are undercut a little (.5-1 degree on the decel side for easier down shifting, but this guy puts 5 degrees in both sides for easier all around so no banging!!!!!

stupid_rope

Resident JerkFade
Yeah I talked to him about my junk and he said only thing to really do is buy the broken parts and magna flux the rest...then he will undercut gears on both sides and should be pretty bullet proof..I have a new stock core gonna put that one in the bike and send old junk to him with the new gears from HD and let him do his thing....

And yes Slothy most trans gears are undercut a little (.5-1 degree on the decel side for easier down shifting, but this guy puts 5 degrees in both sides for easier all around so no banging!!!!!

yeah man, im excited to ship mine out and get it back in the bike. should make less noise when doing burnouts and drag racing