To tube or not to tube???

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

chaoscc

Hoping to get some feedback from anyone rolling on a 26. Should I tube a 26 inch wheel or not? I know vee rubber had its problems early on...are the newer ones holding air better?

ChoppedRoadie

Site Supporter
Tube it or face potential leaks. My 26 held correct poundage all during the winter's build on the lift. Took it off the lift and wouldn't hold air for nothing. Tubed it and never had an issue over the next 5K miles. Do yourself a favor now rather than later like I did.

Last edited:

slothy

Balls
Tube it. No downside, all upside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
downside is if you punchure you cant fix it on the side of the road. the reason why i would never run a tube. id deal with adding some air every few days vs not being able to fix a leak on the road

Nomad

Site Supporter
Not trying to jump this thread but does anyone know of a shop near Cincinnati who can change a 26?
Check out the zip tie trick busa. Better than taking it to a bike shop who will just tell you they don't have a machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnorrisbusa

Site Supporter
[Thanks Nomad I'll try it this weekend & see how it tuns out]Check out the zip tie trick busa. Better than taking it to a bike shop who will just tell you they don't have a machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

bigflip

Are tubes for 26's hard to find as of late? Was just told they haven't been available for the past 203 months? Or was this just BS?

Latest posts