Thundermax Issue ( HELP!!!!!)

We just put a Trask Turbo Kit on our 09 RK. We installed a thundermax tuner in it too. Put the tune in that Trask told us to. It keeps way too much fuel into the bike and it is flooding it. We have checked every sensor, injectors, vacuum lines, and we have went thru the entire program with Trask support, which they have been really cool, but no matter what fuel map we put in it, it still floods out the bike! Anyone with these issues and got it fixed, hit me up! 740-819-3433

WhiteGoldSG

What makes u feel it is the thundermax and not a tbw issue or something else? Just out of curiosity, did you try quikly starting it with a stock ecm to see if it runs any diff as far as reving up. Narrow it down to the thundermax or another wiring issue.... Map sensor, iac, tbw, etc

slothy

Balls
Have tried another tune and disconnect the inlet tube and see if it runs better

Edit. Thought this was a diff post.. I see u tried a diff tune.

Any codes?

Zach

Site Supporter
Can you positively eliminate a mechanical issue. Cam timing being off will act exactly how you are describing. Compression check will reveal this. Also, pushrod adjustment should be double checked.

Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the bike has 180lbs of compression. cam timing is spot on. checked injector feed with a noid light. good there too. go ta brand new 2 bar map sensor, taking out injectors trask sent us and putting back in the stock ones. tbw is working correctly according to the thundermax read out. went thru that with thundermax yesterday.

its a 2009. It doesn't have an IAC on the throttle body, only the old style systems have those. Figured out that the pressure coming from the 2bar map sensor is reading 16, when its supposed to be 28-30. this would make it over compensate and add more fuel. I changed out the sensor and its still doing it. SO we think its a wire issue.

nope. pretty much down to a bad thundermax and if you have had to deal with their support, you know that they are not very timely about anything. now the bike wont even run long enough to give them any monitoring logging data. We did however check all wiring again today. all sensor have been replaced, and timing was checked again. so nope not fixed. freaking going crazy here. trying to be ready for Ohio bike Invitational this Friday. and we don't have any other thundermax system in to try another one.

Last edited:
well it is still not running correctly. We are looking at the Fuel pressure regulator. We found out that it starts out with making 7lbs of pressure, but when the bike fires, it jumps up to 14lbs. seems like we are getting 14lbs right away,.

squaredaway

Site Supporter
Just a thought.. Look down at the coil under battery box. The coil has a plug were the wiring goes in. Ive seen 2 that had that connector pulled to the side and when you unplugged you could see where the pin connector was arcing in the plug. This screwed up the the thundermax. This was this way from the HD factory. Trask did a trade free of charge on a new one. Was bike week.
I think there a very sensitive unit. Not much and they go hawire. Even jump starting your bike will fry it. Or make it do some strange stuff not related to your problem.

Latest posts