Throttle Body Actuator problem

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

DonJulio

Bike shut down (limp mode) threw a couple codes. Basically now when I turn the ignition switch on there is a stripped gear sound coming from the throttle body actuator. Its inside the sealed portion that says it will void the warranty if opened. Can't even order the part. HD needs the bike in order to purchase a replacement. Big pain in the a$$. I have a PC5 and a Throttle Pak. Anyone ever have a problem like this? I'm debating removing the throttle Pak. Not sure what the cause could have been.

DonJulio

Yes try removing both. Do it one at a time to try to narrow the issue down. Did you add bars to your bike?

Yes, but I can clearly hear a gear stripping sound coming from the actuator motor. It still happens after removing both the PCV and Throttle Pak

Rozkopeeko

yupppppppppp happened t o me after i put bars on .... dealer took care of it asap .. even came to the house and picked up my horse....

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
Its the throttle body... the gears in there are not on real tight tolerances and the vibration of the engine throws them off sometimes and they get stripped...seen it a bunch!
your add ons did not cause that bro

crutter

Site Supporter
I was only asking about the bars because sometimes the green clip on the tbw sensor comes loose and sends the bike into limp mode. Not the case here. It's the actual tb itself

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
seen that for sure...just last week...but some rocket scientist cut the wire then looks like a 2 year old tried to splice it back lmao

I was only asking about the bars because sometimes the green clip on the tbw sensor comes loose and sends the bike into limp mode. Not the case here. It's the actual tb itself

FSTBGR

I had the same problem with my stock TB with the fuelpak, I then did the motor and added a SE TB with a tuner and had the same problem, I never took off the fuelpak after the motor rebuild and upgrading to the SE TB, I don't think the throttle pak acts well with an after market tuner for one, I think it confuses the computer because they must have something like what the throttle pak does bult into it. So after I replaced the SE TB it happened again, cut the throttle pak off and sent stock TB into HPI to be redone and never had the issue again, I think the throttle pak kept screwing my TB up.....unless its just bad luck having the issue with stock TB, 2 SE TB's.....who knows.....I would't use it again after replacing your TB.....I would be rippin down the highway and all of a sudden bike would just die, real fun when you in lane three of a 5 lane highway.....

Last edited:

Latest posts