This site killing me. Need help and opinions

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
Guys what a great site but it has made me consider totally changing direct. I'm doing an 07 SG i bought crashed and realize the direction im headed is already out of style. Soooo, after much browsing I ran across this site. Now looking for raked necks, trees, 26 wheel etc... One problem I'm struggling with is I've already bought most all of the parts to finish this bike.(including a set of 21/18 RC wheels).
Today while in the shop racking my brain, I was looking at the attidude of my bike and noticed it looked like it had already been raked. I took my old fairing and laid it on the bike in a tilted/raked fashion. It looks much like a raked 26 but with a smaller wheel but very proportional.
I guess my question is, Does anyone make a raked fairing that works with the stock tripple clamp. I have attached some pics and think if it could be done it would look pretty good. I would also consider just trees but I think the thing that really makes them look good is the fairing being laid back vs standing straight up like they are stock.

Sorry if i'm too long winded for my first post.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
it is the stock fairing just laying on the bars. that is making it lay waayyy back. the problem would be mounting the inner. i guess yall are seeing what i see. a scaled down version of a 26?

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
There's always got to be a first for everything man... see if you can't figure something out with it.. It does look awesome..

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
There's always got to be a first for everything man... see if you can't figure something out with it.. It does look awesome..

see now ya got me thinkin. at least i have the busted inner and outer i can work with. I'm thinking if I have the stock one looking this good, a real raked fairing would look better. I'm having a hard time with all the raising/lowering the front for a 26 to have clearance and make it proportional. may still look at trees and raked fairing. anyone know if someone has tried this?

thanx

Latest posts