This is what I did over labor day weekend. (Pics included)

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
Dayum. I've had alligator meat before. It was pretty good. Can you actually sell the skins or is the rest just thrown away?

Zach

ddavis

Dayum. I've had alligator meat before. It was pretty good. Can you actually sell the skins or is the rest just thrown away?

Zach

Gator hunting is very controlled in LA. Every gator harvested goes to a processor. They skin them and sell the hides to shoe/purse/etc. makers. They sell the meat to markets and restaurants. A lot of it goes overseas.

Zach

Site Supporter
Gator hunting is very controlled in LA. Every gator harvested goes to a processor. They skin them and sell the hides to shoe/purse/etc. makers. They sell the meat to markets and restaurants. A lot of it goes overseas.

So you don't get to keep any of the meat/skin etc? Sounds like you do all the work and the processor gets all the reward.

Zach

ddavis

So you don't get to keep any of the meat/skin etc? Sounds like you do all the work and the processor gets all the reward.

Zach

Landowners get gator tags and let hunters hunt to fill their tags. Hunters take gators to processor. Processor buys gators for so much per foot. Hunter gets paid and pays landowner a percentage. Processor sells hide to boot maker, etc, and sells meat to market or restaurant and sells head to taxidermist for mount.

Latest posts