Thinking about converting my bike to Roadglide with 26"

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TraceCave Customs

Well everyone around here is buying Road Glides now and kinda got me thinking that I might want to convert mine this winter to something like Slothy is doing just to really blow the locals away. Especially since if I do the 26" wheel it just looks better to me. I know I am gonna have to buy a raked fairing anywany. How much money are we talking to convert? I know I can sell some of my stuff to offset the cost some.

Am I crazy?

slothy

Balls
well i can tell you right now, there is a inner for sale right now i would scoope that shit up asap! the outer you can find on ebay for around 250-300ish

you'll need a raked fairing brace, radio bracket, interconnect harness, speaker grills, glove boxes lids (unless the inner you get has em), nacelle pieces (left/right/top), headlight, bunch of random screws/bolts/seals, windscreen and im sure im forgetting a few little things, but that's the majority.

you can sell your stuff and recoup some money.

808Bagger

Lol I should just get a stock RG and leave it alone...Saturday I'll know if my inner and nacelle will make the flight! If not, I'll sell it from Vegas and buyer pay for shipping............STRESSFULL!

T

Thomason Performance

Well everyone around here is buying Road Glides now and kinda got me thinking that I might want to convert mine this winter to something like Slothy is doing just to really blow the locals away. Especially since if I do the 26" wheel it just looks better to me. I know I am gonna have to buy a raked fairing anywany. How much money are we talking to convert? I know I can sell some of my stuff to offset the cost some.

Am I crazy?

Ummm - we're all f*cking crazy for what we do to these bikes! But we do it because it's what we see in that motorcycle. Hell yeah, you should do it - but only if it suits you and the bike. And when you want to design and cut that 26 - let me know! Just send me some plate!!! Talk about blowing the locals away...

808Bagger

Let's have everyone who has a SG convert to a RG to look like slothy's....then I'll stay a SG....lol.

Let's get everyone get Tattoo sleeves, and the guy who doesnt have tattoo's be the unique one....haha!

808Bagger

Having you pay what I paid for it and you pay for the $300-$400 shipping? You better of buying brand new! $700+ for a brand new inner alone! If I sell um maybe i can get me a spoiler too since yours gotta go off to paint already....

Opunui

I am done with the plug will make mold tomorrow. I set it up this afternoon and I had some bad resin never took off. So bummed

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
"Am I crazy?"...............YES your crazy! If all the locals are doin it thats why you shouldn't. BTW I have a new tinted shield you can have if tou make the change.

coolerman69

One of THE 150!
All I have around here are a bunch of jealous haters! Why are people like that?? If you have something nice on your bike I'm gonna be the first to tell you! I dont care if its a $5 mod or a $5000 one.