The ChoppedBaggers.com Bagger Build! (26", Rake, Stretch, Etc...)

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bill

I used to own some shit!
For those of you who have gone the Blacked-Out direction...

I have only seen one bike up close with a lot of black parts.

My question has to do with anodized verses powdercoat. ie lower legs, foot controls, hand controls, wheels, etc...

The anodized black I saw almost had a "Purple" hue to it. Is this the case with all black anodizing? Should I just get everything powdercoated? I assume the powder coat doesn't hold up so well on high wear areas which is everywhere I want black...

Can someone educate me a little?

Buggy

One of THE 150!
I dig the sinnister drag bars he just put out there. something different anyway he also has some new wheels out also

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Holy Crap! I just looked at some Black Chrome car wheels!!! Maybe I'll do it ALL Black Chrome!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Talking with my family at dinner..... I am going to check into the "Black Chrome." That could be just the thing this bike needs to stand out!

Anyone know a shop who does Black Chrome Plating???

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Here is an example of Black Chrome done with powder coat. I think it can also be done with plating but I am not sure. "Picture borrowed from www.thepowderpro.com"

black_chrome_primary.jpg

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Powder coating is very hard and durable. All the powder coating on my bike has been done by him and looks great, but I've only had it for about 6 months. The local HD dealer and Indy's use him because of his quality work. He's not a big shop and doesn't have the big overhead...prices have been real reasonable.

Tkirby16

One of THE 150!
Do a search for Black Chrome wheels though. I work at a car dealership and we can't get them to customize the cars anymore because of durability. I'm not sure how they were done, but peeled like hell when got the least bit chipped. Rocks, etc. Be careful and search, search on black chrome!!!!! I'd be scared of just the little experience I've had with it.

slothy

Balls
the 2 cars ive seen 5-6 years ago with black chrome wheels look [email protected] 10 feet though - up close you could see where it was chipping and just not holding up well to the weather/road conditions. - not sure if things have changed since then.

Latest posts