That was quick!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Sonic69

One of THE 150!
Took the bike for a ride today and was jamming some tunes when all the sudden all I had was feedback. Ran by a friends stereo shop and we took the fairing off. He checked my new Fosgate 300 amp and it was hot and blown. Now I got to call Bagger Nation and get it covered.

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
Do you know the manufacture date on the amp, seems a lot of the earlier PBR 300X4 had problems, or was it a PBR300X2? Anyway let us know what happens.

Sonic69

One of THE 150!
2 6X9 Fosgates and 2 6.5" Fosgates. Called today and they said they would swap it out under warranty. I had Arc and switched.

TraceCave Customs

Na, you would just hop in your Lambo!

Glad I upgraded to an Arc

Yes I would. The sound system in there won the international stereo context 10 years straight. No one would even compete against me.

On a serious note I am not impressed either with my arc or the Hertz speakers. Not sure which one it is.

bradwulf20

Trace. How did you tune your amp? If it is not tuned with an osciliscope there is a chance that could be your problem. We have also replaced alot of hertz speakers and replaced them with focals and had alot of happy customers. Just my personal experience.

slothy

Balls
Trace. How did you tune your amp? If it is not tuned with an osciliscope there is a chance that could be your problem. We have also replaced alot of hertz speakers and replaced them with focals and had alot of happy customers. Just my personal experience.

can you explain this tuning with oscilloscope? im curious on the procedure.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
That's pretty damn easy!!! "if you have access to an o-scope." I'll definately be doing mine that way in a week or two.

The questions that remain are....

-Where do you get the frequency test CD?
-What frequency should we be most concerned with on a bike? 1KHZ???

He didn't specifically say but I can only imagine you can connect the scope to your deck and find the point just before clipping in the same manor. "Which you would need to know to set the amp gain properly."

bradwulf20

yes we use a 1khz test tone. on the stock harmon karden radio set the volume right at the M in volume. disconnect speakers at the amp and put the leads on the terminals where your speakers would hook up on the amplifier and tune till you get a nice smooth signal. then go to the other speaker output terminals and set the same way, and try to get them as close to each other as possible. thats the basics of it. if you have any questions on anything else pm soundzinstall and he can be more specific for you. hope that helps

Latest posts