temp warning on dakota digital

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

vivid 103

what is the proper temp it should be set at for a warning. it came set at 230 but i reach that in half hour thanks

Ferro

Site Supporter
I would never go back to stock Gauges after having Da kota Digital Gauges.

vivid 103

my only problem is the fuel gauge is not set up right.
doesn't help that I'm not very good at reading instructions.

slothy

Balls
my only problem is the fuel gauge is not set up right.
doesn't help that I'm not very good at reading instructions.

Need To Change the Tank Value For Gauge.

FUEL SETUP
The fuel gauge can be set to read two stock Harley sensor curves, see setup procedure below for correct sender selection. There is also a non-adjustable warning feature that will flash the gauge at any reading below 10% as a low fuel warning indicator.
• To enter setup, press and hold the switch while turning the key on.
• Release the switch. The gauge will show “-1-â€.
• Press and release the switch until “FUL†is displayed, then press and hold the switch until “Snd†is displayed.
• Press and release the switch until the correct sender type is displayed. “10†for 73-10, “33†for 240-33, “CUS†for custom or “CALâ€
for custom sender programming. The stock fuel sender (2004-2007) should use the “10†setting for correct readings or
“33†for 2008. If “CAL†is not selected, press and hold until “---†is displayed. Turn the key off.
• If “CUS†is selected, and a custom fuel curve has not yet been programmed, the gauge will immediately enter the “CAL†routine.
• If “CAL†is selected, the fuel sender curve can be programmed into the gauge. Begin with an empty tank. The gauge will be
showing “-00†and switch to displaying the measured resistance. Press and release the switch to save the empty reading.
• The display will show “-33†and then switch to displaying the measured resistance. Add enough fuel to fill the tank to 1/3. Press
and release the switch to save the 1/3 reading.
• The display will show “-66†and then switch to displaying the measured resistance. Add more fuel to fill the tank to 2/3. Press and
release the switch to save the 2/3 reading.
• The display will show “-99†and then switch to displaying the measured resistance. Add more fuel to fill the tank full. Press and
release the switch to save the full reading.
• Press and hold until “don“ is displayed to save the settings. The gauge will then return to normal operation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

vivid 103

i think i got it now thanks slothy. ill have to do a custom cause I'm not to sure how accurate it is now it works but not as well as it should.
i got it on the 33 setting for a 2011 street glide

drummerboy301

Site Supporter
For a my 2010 FLHX I just used the custom cal. If you empty the tank then add a little gass before you set the "0" mark you build in a reserve. I cant remember exactly, but I think that when I called Dakota Digital, that they told me that anything other than the custom setting would result in an inaccurate result, plus I love having a reserve on an EFI bike... Now if I could only set the clock on my VCR...

Latest posts