Tell us

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Wanna Ride

S100 engine cleaner on the mill, a 75/25 mix of Simple green/water on the lower chassis and anywhere the heavy road grime builds up (but not on any chrome or body parts. Turtle Wax car cleaner on the paint and chrome, Eagle One Billet polish on the wheels. If bugs are heavy on the fairing, I'll just squeeze the fresh wash mit out with tons of suds and let them soak while I clean the wheels. That really seems to loosen up the bug guts.

After I wash it in the driveway, I buzz up to the local car wash and shoot it all down with a good rinse from the low pressure spot-free rinse. Really eliminates any chance water spots. Then take the long way back to the house (about five miles) and wipe it dry with an Absorber. Way better than a natural chamois.

Last edited:

Ferro

Site Supporter
I start off with S100 then depending how bad the bike is and if I get caught in the rain, I use soap and watter After that the bike goes on the lift and I take my air compressor and blow off the water until it's completely dry. Then I use Zymol or Wizards wax.

Nomad

Site Supporter
I use purple magic when the fairing and tank and bags get dirty. Other than that, nada. It's pretty gross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSmoke

I think I have to try the S100. I try not to wash my bike, but when I have to I use soap and water followed by the leaf blower. I do wipe the bike down with Pledge when needed. Sorry no pics.

OneSlickGlide

Site Supporter
I don't typically out water on the bike unless it's super dirty. Usually just use Harley's denim spray cleaner. Works great.

I've actually never washed the bike since I've changed it from glossy to satin black.

I will say S100 is good stuff.

king04

Just tried that chemical guys LIGHT METAL POLISH DONT waste your money this stuff is terrible MOTHERS alum polish works much better.I am sending this shit back.

MichiganMikey

Site Supporter
Doesn't windex have ammonia in it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Yes, most windex has ammonia in it. It is actually recommended by Harley to use glass cleaner with ammonia to clean denim paint. Sounds strange but it works great. That's all I use on the wife's sportster.

MichiganMikey

Site Supporter
Being on a tropical island we get a lot of salt mist all over our bikes. Rust/corrosion sets in rather quickly if not detaied frequently. Those of you in salty climates, what are your favorite products/methods to keep the effects of salt to a minimum?

Wanna Ride

Yes, most windex has ammonia in it. It is actually recommended by Harley to use glass cleaner with ammonia to clean denim paint. Sounds strange but it works great. That's all I use on the wife's sportster.

Ammonia will scratch the fuck out of plastics, acrylic (plexi-glass) and polycarbonate (Lexan).

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
Being on a tropical island we get a lot of salt mist all over our bikes. Rust/corrosion sets in rather quickly if not detaied frequently. Those of you in salty climates, what are your favorite products/methods to keep the effects of salt to a minimum?

You know I'd start by using as much stainless as possible.. Then for sure keep the rest all waxed up...

Houdini

all commercial grade and works great. as much as you dilute it to work this amount I'll still have some left over next year. the road warrior degreaser even works great on the textured engine and chrome as well.