Sturgis 2012, who's going?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

traveler

I wonder whose going to ride their raked out bike all the way here.

I live 28 miles from main st., so The whole shebang is not a big deal to me.

Last year there was a pretty nice raked out RG all customized out on Friday night along the side of the road. Light kandy apple gren color.

~Joe

Bill

I used to own some shit!
If I ever get to go to Sturgis you better believe I'll be riding whatever I have. The trip there and back is 90% of it for me...

Peterod45

If I ever get to go to Sturgis you better believe I'll be riding whatever I have. The trip there and back is 90% of it for me...

Absolutely. The only time any bike of mine will be trailered is if it's broken, or god help me, I'm broken.

bradwulf20

i will be there hopefully i have my stretched bags and custom fender on my softail and rockin 2 pair of focals in the lids. thanks to pete at soundzinstall

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Just looked up the distance....

1900 miles one way, damn that would be a long ride...

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
Not that I mind sleeping in a tent but I don't have the ground clearance to drive through the campgrounds anymore. I better get my butt in gear and make some reservations.

thecort

I'm planning to go in a couple of years. My kids are too young for me to be away for so long right now. Like Bill said its close to 1,800 miles away from me. 2-3 days there, gotta stay at least 5 days then 2-3 days back...
Hopefully in a couple of years when they don't need daddy around as much, I'll go.
If I could could go for 5 days maybe 6 I'd go. I want my bike though, no rental.

Tap it!

Zach

Site Supporter
I'm planning to go in a couple of years. My kids are too young for me to be away for so long right now. Like Bill said its close to 1,800 miles away from me. 2-3 days there, gotta stay at least 5 days then 2-3 days back...
Hopefully in a couple of years when they don't need daddy around as much, I'll go.
If I could could go for 5 days maybe 6 I'd go. I want my bike though, no rental.
Tap it!

You don't need 5 days in Sturgis. I rode out in '06. 3 nights was plenty for me. Probably could have been 2 nights and still had a BLAST. Besides, too many people want to try and see/do everything when they go. Just pick a couple of things and really spend time doing them. You can always go back.

Zach

Sloverado

I will be there as well. I always am there from Sunday night and I leave Thursday morning. I ride it all in one day so travel is only like 680 miles. That is plenty of time there for me.

thecort

You don't need 5 days in Sturgis. I rode out in '06. 3 nights was plenty for me. Probably could have been 2 nights and still had a BLAST. Besides, too many people want to try and see/do everything when they go. Just pick a couple of things and really spend time doing them. You can always go back.

Zach

5 days is 4 nights & 3 nights is 4 days. So basically cut it 1 day short? What's the difference? lol
Definitely good advice on just picking a couple of things to do & sticking with it. But I figure if I'm there I'd like to do as much as possible with as little sleep as possible...lol
Could always go back? Thats what I said about Hawaii! That was over 12 yrs ago lol. I'm dying to get back but life gets in the way. I do have an invite to have a couple of drinks with 808! & trust me, I'll be taking him up on that offer when I do go back!

Tap it!

Latest posts