Strike 3's Bagger Project!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Great looking bike bro, good to hear on those lids as I love the way they work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Strike 3

Hey guys got a few more updates I wanted to share. Finally got the rest of stereo parts in and worked on pre-mock up of stereo the last few days to make sure all wires were pre-cut, operating, and routed properly. Didn't have much to work with under fairing being a custom install but my stock head unit. So I fabbed a few brackets to store amp and speakers on. Since I'm not running the two large gauges in center fairing, so I just filled in with speakers. The stereo I was looking for was to be balanced, not break the bank and sound decent if I'm riding or setting. Since pipes are on the loud side, I knew I needed a little volume to play over them. So I went with the following for my setup.....

Sony 700HD CD head unit
Polk audio DB401 4"
Arc Audio 320watt 4 channel amp (80 per channel)
Titan II 6.5 speakers
Hertz 6x9 HCX690 speakers

Wanted to keep the install simple and clean, so I drilled a couple small holes in rear bags, placed in a grommet and ran wires through them. I didn't do the shrink tube on wires, so I got some shiny black lined sheath and just ran wires through them. I was able to put some disconnects under the seat in case I have to pull bags off in an emergency or for maint. Once I do final install I will do a better job on wires and will also paint the brackets all black to match. The speaker grills were just cut from some car stereo grills and fitted over the gauge holes. Once I hooked up stereo, I called up Arc Audio for their "tuning" method. The system sounds really nice, loud and clear! With the 6.5's I tuned them for mids, the 4's were good on highs and the low end came from 6x9's. I was shocked how the Hertz sounded in rear. If you've never heard them...you'll be amazed at the sound..clarity... and bass response. This was the first time Ive heard these particular brands versus the others. They were highly recommended on forum here and I see why! I played the stereo yesterday for about 6 hours, tuning and dialing it in and the amp wasn't hot at all! I highly recommend the Arc Audio amp, its a solid unit! Now, for rear lids, I will run the Sinister Top Flight "Jimmy Hat" covers to keep any water/elements out when not in use. I will also put some 1" spacers on 6x9's to take speakers down a tad for looks and clearance from grills. I posted a few pics of my progress. Stay tuned....more to come soon!

02082013 002.jpg02082013 019.jpg02082013 010.jpg02082013 035.jpg02082013 005.jpg

Strike 3

WOW Nice fatboy!
I used to get that all the time. Do you belong to the R* riders? They prolly have a few tips over there for ya for a few things you might want to do to save a few $$$ Like fuel pump relocation. Rear lowering flip

Lol! Yeah I get that alot with the Raider...they just think its a Harley. I just usually laugh. I just went with air ride in rear and relocated the fuel pump. Actually... I'm a member of the Road Star clinic..... Ill have to check out this other place you're speaking of. The clinic is a very knowledgeable group. Thanks!

Strike 3

Had a pretty productive day today. I got alot of internal things done that you cant really see. Got some items sured up today by cleaning up wiring and installation under the 6x9's. Installed some 3m industrial strength velcro on amp/stereo. Also got the plasma rods done in rear and license plate drilled and installed. Theres a guy on this forum 88 Paladin that makes these plate frames for the bad dad fenders. Wow....was really impressed with the quality, installation, price, and looks of the unit. Very clean install and I was able to drill a hole in fender and also mount it to the bracket supports for bags. That really cut out alot of vibration and made that more rigid. I will black out the bracket when I send out for paint/powdercoat to match front headlight bucket. I had to take a couple pics to show the the plate light leds which is really bright, but also the plasma rods which in the middle pic, its more accurate of a natural hue. I also installed the flasher version to where it will blink several times when brake is applied and stays lit. I went with the 14" Plasma rods cause it gave the rear end a more longer sloping look to it. Plus they are a smoke gray, so when off, they blend in with rear end. Have not seen any turn signals that Ive liked to this point, so I'm going to install these rods which has an adhesive installation. If I find something later, wont be hard to drill and install. Next project is to weld a few things. Then its back to the front end to lower the front end to where its more level. Stay tuned!

02152013 006.jpg02152013 012.jpg02152013 014.jpg

Last edited:

Strike 3

Had a pretty productive day today. Installed some 3m industrial strength velcro on amp/stereo.

What is this product you write of?? Install an amp without brackets? Really gonna do that?

LOL! Nah... I wish.... It does have the brackets mounted on the stereo to the fairing supports. I used the 3m industrial strength "dual lock" velcro on the underside of amp and top side of stereo. Guess I should slow down on my typing! LOL :)

chaser

LOL! Nah... I wish.... It does have the brackets mounted on the stereo to the fairing supports. I used the 3m industrial strength "dual lock" velcro on the underside of amp and top side of stereo. Guess I should slow down on my typing! LOL :)

NAH you wrote it right, I read it right. You are mounting your amp with Velcro. Never heard of that. Sounds like a good idea. Where do you get that ind. grip Velcro?
I don't know if this link will work for youbut give it a try.....http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602

Strike 3

NAH you wrote it right, I read it right. You are mounting your amp with Velcro. Never heard of that. Sounds like a good idea. Where do you get that ind. grip Velcro?
I don't know if this link will work for youbut give it a try.....http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602

Thanks and here is a link....this stuff is super strong! I would only use it on a small surface area as this...otherwise Id go another route. Ive tested it before on my Raider..... been almost 2 years and has held up wonderful.

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener.html

Latest posts