stretched tank

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

lumper

I was thinking with all thee stretch tank options out there.
Does anyone make a stretch tank that will eat up some of that frame reveal after a 9* x9* rake and stretch?

I have a Road King and you see how after they get cut and welded they have that section of frame in front of the tank that shows?
Well does anyone know of a stretch tank that is made to fill that space up some?

I like the real stretch tanks as you get more fuel and it is functional as a a mod or upgrade plus looks great, and after looking at all these build pics it hit me that it would be a real good 2 for 1 mod if a stretch tank that will eat up that frame exists.

Any info would be great,
Thanks in advance

Luimp

tboner

fyi, i'm doing a 7neck/9tree rake for that same reason. Not a big fan of the exposed neck. You will have to double check and mock shit up before you finish welding as you could have clearance issues with Ignition but that an easy fix.

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I will not even lie to you, I have no idea Im sure someone else can chime in on that but I do know that a 7 degree neck works fine with a 26" and gives me the look that I prefer so thats what I went with.

lumper

Well I havent decided whether to stretch or not, I am going through each point and addressing it.
I came to the stretch in the neck and thought I would ask about it.
I like the idea of the stretch and I am prepared to live with the neck, but if someone was working on a tank that would help minimize it i figured now was the time to ask.
I also considered the 7x9.
I have a lot to consider, replacement wheels, flats on trips, overall handling, look of the bike as a result.
I am getting there thanks to this site and all I have learned recently.
Lump

Bill

I used to own some shit!
The large majority of the neck stretch is out of neccesity, gotta make room to clear the ignition.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
neck gap 2 - Copy.jpg
The large majority of the neck stretch is out of neccesity, gotta make room to clear the ignition.

From everything I've been told, you are correct Bill. Thats why I'm going with the short Sinister Inner Fairing cap and moving my ignition switch.

Diesel

Tboner, what's the easy fix for ignition clearance problems? Just wondering, because I like the 7 9. Look, but have concerns

lumper

Well a little more research and I found tricky tree's
They say and show bikes that have their trees adding 9* to the trees and using a 26" wheel while not cutting the frame at all.

Would this present clearance issues that would need to be addressed for this work?
I saw it on a glide and they hadnt mentioned any mods to allow it to work, although I have an email out to them asking a few questions, so maybe Monday they will get back to me and I will have a clearer picture.
IF I can eliminate cutting and still use a 26" I think that will be the ticket for my Road King.
Still shopping ideas though.
I like the time ad money savings from the tricky trees though the best so far, now if I can just confirm they work and dont ruin the ride.

Lump

Last edited:

Latest posts