Stretched tank help!!

blackwidow98

I'm wanting to add a stretch tank to my 06 FLHX Streetglide (carb). I was on the fence about stretching the tank bc of the limited seat issue but with all my other parts i have being stretched (top shop fairing, dirty bird 8" bags, rear fender, and stretched side covers) I dk if the stock tank would look good or not.... I bought all my parts seperatly and i plan on sending my bike to the body shop for paint at the end of the year. I purchased a new c&c solo seat with pillion less than a year ago so it's still practically new. Do any of you have any experience with how much I'd have to modify the seat to make it work? I'm interested in the yaffe 6gal metal tank. I've heard the glue on shrouds make the tank look too big/fat.
Other options?

Chubz

I'm wanting to add a stretch tank to my 06 FLHX Streetglide (carb). I was on the fence about stretching the tank bc of the limited seat issue but with all my other parts i have being stretched (top shop fairing, dirty bird 8" bags, rear fender, and stretched side covers) I dk if the stock tank would look good or not.... I bought all my parts seperatly and i plan on sending my bike to the body shop for paint at the end of the year. I purchased a new c&c solo seat with pillion less than a year ago so it's still practically new. Do any of you have any experience with how much I'd have to modify the seat to make it work? I'm interested in the yaffe 6gal metal tank. I've heard the glue on shrouds make the tank look too big/fat.
Other options?
I am a big guy and the pickard extension works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torch

Site Supporter
Those 2 tanks above look fantastic, but appear to be newer style 6-gallon tanks ('08-up). I love the look, but the problem for the '07-down tanks is that the dash is more blocky (new word) and and not so streamlined because of the filler neck and vent.

repsol69

Site Supporter
I went with the Misfits clam shell type only because I was able to keep the sides where the seat meets right on the frame rails and narrow between my legs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts