Streetglides with ABS

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Is there really a benefit to having ABS on the 2009 Steetglide? Also after modifying a streeglide to a 26'' big wheel, is the ABS still a factor or is it best not to have ABS.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
It works, its all up to you on if you like it or not though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ddavis

I hate ABS but I have it on my SG with 26. It works fine for what it was designed for

BigChief

So how is the ABS affected if you go with using a single rotor (primarly for looks) or is that not recommended with such a large 26'' rim?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
So how is the ABS affected if you go with using a single rotor (primarly for looks) or is that not recommended with such a large 26'' rim?

It would still function, but I am not a fan of single rotors.

During my wreck last year, had I stopped 20 feet shorter I would have walked away... Instead I had a year vacation from work and $300,000 worth of work done to my leg.

I had a single rotor at the time....

In a 26" wheel, a pair of stock sized rotors really don't look bad, there is still a ton of wheel showing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345209687967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345209687967.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 99

BigChief

Thanks all for the input, looks like i have a decison to make before buying a SG now. There is one local for 14K, but does not have ABS, which is actually why he is selling, becasue he said the 2010 has it and he liked that feature. What I would hate to do is get a bike that does not have it, and feel I need it. But do you pay the money for it and then never use it. HUMMM! What a man to do! By the way, I never even asked does the 09 SG come with ABS???? If it does not, I can't afford to move up to a 2010, so that may make up my decision for me....

thecort

Love my ABS. It HAS saved me twice. Better to have it & not need it then to need it & not have it!
Very, very few people can stop a bike in the rain/gravel/pebbled laden road etc, in a panic situation, better than ABS. JMO

Tap it!

Latest posts