Street Glide front wheel ?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Jeremy1976

I want to go with a bigger front wheel. I was thinking 21" just to give it a little custom look. My question is can you go with a 23" and not cut and rake it? I do not want any issues and bought the bike for comfort and rideability. This will not be getting done until next year already ran my funds dry on many upgrades. Just like to do some research and get all my ducks in a row. Thanks in advance.

sutsut70

Site Supporter
Jeremy....You can go both routes with the 23" wheel. There are bolt on kits where you dont have to cut the neck. Or you can go the cut and rake route. But if you go 23" you definitely have to make some sort of modification. If you go with a 21" you dont have to make any changes to the neck or trees. PM me when you're ready if you want to do a 21". I am about to step up to a 26" and will be selling my 21". Good luck with your upgrades and ride safe.

Crazy Beaver

I have a 23 on my bike now with no mods, I have a wrap fender I am painting to match my paint job. I have no issues, it rides fine, I have had it up to 85 with no shake wobble or anything. The only thing is it raised the front up some but I have 4 inches between the wrap fender and the fairing skirt (with my stock forks). I think I should have room to lower about 1 inch with no problems. I know most recomend raking and that is the best way but some of us are like you said out of the funds or have to do a little at a time. I plan on raking my bike and going with a 26 maybe later this year. Just got an awesome deal on a 23 so I will run it this way until I can go the route I want to go.