Streched Tank Mods

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Grim

O.K Im doing some reaserch before I purchase a streched tank for my 04EG. Demon Cycles has a great deal on there streched 6.5 gallon tanks. The only thing is it is for an 08 and newer frame. Which means purchasing a new fuel pump assembly because my 04 ass. will not fit, tank opening is diff. Not a big deal, the question is the tank mounting is diff as well. The 04 has a single mounting point in the middle of the tank and the 08 has dual points where the back bone splits into the two rails. It looks like (without actually having the tank to place on the bike) that the two tabs can be cut down and the center mounting point can be used with a little mods. Has any one used one of there tanks on a pre 08 before and if so how did you mount? Use the 08 mounting points and drill and tap frame or mod the tank for the center mounting point? While Im asking what are the diffs in the frame for seat mounting? Laper make a seat for the 08 that fits the Yaffe tank which is an 08 tank as well. Will the 08 seat fit the 04 frame?

Thanks in advance, Im thrilled I ran across this forum. Been a member of another forum but there didn't seem to be a lot of guys making the kind of mods that you guys are doing so it was hard to get the great advice that can be found here. Awsome forum.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
-Overall I would not advise you do this. The money saved on the tank you will certainly spend on the fuel pump and wiring mods.

As for the seat...

The two frames are completely different in the seating area. I sat my 2010 Ultra seat on an 06 Ultra and it was completely different.

A few other options for you.

-Have one of our Vendors get you a killer price on the Yaffe tank if that is what you want.

-Stretch or have stretched your stock tank, many of the Vendors could help you with this.

-Use an overlay from Camtech, Sinister, or others.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Grim

Thanks Bill.
Im not realy interested in the overlay, I would rather have the extra gas capacity, the over lay it is a excellent option though.
I'm not oposed to the Yaffe tank, between Yaffe and the Demon cycle tank they look the same, not sure if there is a differance or not other than the Yaffe is offered for the 07 and earlier.
I'll give a few vendors a call and check out the cost of both options of a Yaffe tank and having mine streched.

Grim

Vary sharp tank, a little pricie though. Im sure its worth the money comes with a new fuel system as well.
A little more than Im looking to spend for now, things may change over the summer.

Latest posts