Stock tour pack mods.

Jethro901

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I have an 07 street glide. I bought this tour pack off my buddy do my wife would be a little more comfortable while riding. I figured since I have to paint it anyway, that I would take all the lights out and make it look clean and smooth to match the rest of the bike. Anyone ever done this before? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339700398.303147.jpg

TXSailor

If you do that you'll be ruining a really nice Ultra TourPak. Would be better to sell this and buy a classic TourPak without the lights. You'll get more room and pocket some cash for the modes.

D

Jethro901

If you do that you'll be ruining a really nice Ultra TourPak. Would be better to sell this and buy a classic TourPak without the lights. You'll get more room and pocket some cash for the modes.

D
It's already ruined. The paint is bubbling from some kind of chemical. I highly doubt I could get much for it. Plus, I've only got 50$ in it.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
It's already ruined. The paint is bubbling from some kind of chemical. I highly doubt I could get much for it. Plus, I've only got 50$ in it.
I bet you could still get $800+ just the way it is.

The hole for the light is HUGE so you would be ten steps ahead to start with a new uncut bottom.

1BdBagr

I'd do what everyone else said. Ten to one, you'll have a gigantic fiberglass patch panel(s) and if this is a later style plastic one, it will be heavier than hell when you're done. Not to mention the dissimilar materials showing up with cracks after you spent hours and hours doing bodywork and paint. There are plenty of non HD tour park options without all the crap in it. Sell this one and start over.