stock security system ?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

shovelflhx79

Is there a procedure out there that you can do to activate your stock horn to go off when your alarm does I been searching haven't found one yet I was gonna runthe smart siren but my buddy has it on his bagger and its not that loud just curious if anyone has their horn in sync with their alarm

slothy

Balls
as of a few weeks ago, no more helmet law :D

its ok, def much better places to go (little farther) - or once you cross the mac bridge to the UP - its like a whole another state.

ElGiganteJake

i have been running the radio shack alarm for over a year now. it sucks when it goes off in the garage and i left the key in the house.

D Mo

You actually went to Radio Shack and got something you needed!!!! That's impressive in and of itself.

I went there to get some wire the other day, all they had was speaker wire. What the hell am I going to do with that? Aren't most systems today wireless anyways? And anything bike audio would be purchased through a car stereo place anyhow. I miss Radio Shack of the 80's when you could go there and build a computer. Can't even hardly get solder there anymore.

Sorry for the rant. Going to Radio Shack to get a siren now....

ChoppedRoadie

Site Supporter
Last time I went to RS they couldn't direct me to where the solder was. But if I wanted a new cell phone or batteries they were all over that.

Torch

Site Supporter
Yeah, Radio Shack sucks now!!! I just tried to pickup a set of precision screw drivers this past weekend, all they had was the same cheap Chinese crap they sell at Walmart and they wanted almost twice the cost because it said Radio Shack on it; done with that place! The local Do It Center carries more electronic supplies than RS and at least they try to source/stock quality stuff.

Toxic Donkey

No shit, changing my amp last week and the clerk there didnt know what stake ons were, crimpers, nothing! Wtf, get a fu...ng job in the food court

GlideTrain

Site Supporter
This sounds like a great upgrade at a very low cost for the bike. I will have to do this one. I have not been in an rs for a long time but it sounds like it will be a treat.
Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Crocket468

These things are pretty loud, setting them off indoors is not such a good idea. I picked up two of them today as I've read that some people feel one isn't loud enough. Started to install them only to find the bike already had a smart siren installed but the PO installed it in such a way it was barely able to be heard, fixed the mounting and its just as loud as the RS sirens. I'm still going to install the RS siren in addition to the HD unit, I figure the louder and more obnoxious the better. With both the HD and RS going at the same time it is truly a ear bleeding obnoxious sound.

Also, to add.. this is the connector (per a member on HD forum) that mates to the female Delphi connector. http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?products_id=1293

I plan to make another pigtail with the same connectors for a clean install of all three sirens..

Latest posts