Stock Pinstripping?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FSTBGR

I love my matte black paint for sure, I'm not home with my bike so its hard for me to remember, my question is, is the pinstripping on a 12 RG matte black tape or paint? I can't remember but I hate the design because it doesn't flow.....I want to just take it off and have it redone to flow with the lines of my bike better. I live in vegas so I'm gonna have Bob Spina pinn it before sturgis but I don't want a big project due to the fact I'm just getting my bike back when I get home. Any help or is it gonna be sanding for me in the future? thanks AJ

FSTBGR

Pretty sure all HD striping is paint. Hurry home man, I can't wait to see this thing.

Zach

Well its good they use paint for sure until you want it removed....I want flat red scallops on my front fairing and my bags to set the lines off right....I don't like how the points of the pinstripes are all at different levels of the bike, they don't flow nicely at all....oh well if they are indeed paint i'll probably wait till I get the CVO LED set up with fender and then have it done right and to my liking...yeah barely under two more weeks bro....can't wait....

Zach

Site Supporter
I agree. HD's pinstriping on the Road Glides has sucked for years. Wish they would just leave the stripes off completely like on the Street Glide.

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
I like the color combo, just not the way the stripes are laid out. It's like each body part was done without thinking of the total layout.

Zach

FSTBGR

I like the color combo, just not the way the stripes are laid out. It's like each body part was done without thinking of the total layout.

Zach

exactly, your bike at least has the squiggle flowing through the length of the bike, my pinstripping is cool but like you said it doesn't flow from front cowl all the way back to the bags, its like it drops every pnl on the line of the bike, it should look like a sweeping motion the whole way through....F it, I like the scallops better, put one on the front fairing and on the bags ea side and just take the pin's off the tank period....love the black and red contrast though, i'm actually having FTW pinned down the tank console and where it used to say six speed on the clutch cover it's going to have pin stripped SIKK speed....I'm gonna do gloss black pins following the red to contrast with all the gloss black engine/everything else on my bike powdercoated.....gotta talk to Bob and see what he thinks, i've already contacted him and told him I'm headed his way......

Latest posts