Stock handle bars???????

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
Not a big fan of APE's but is it a major fupa to keep stock or stock style bars on a custom build? Anyone have a build I can see with stock bars?

Thanks

Zach

Site Supporter
I don't think there is anything wrong with stock bars if they are comfortable and fit the style you're going for. I think the stock Road Glide bars look great, I just couldn't get used to them. Paint and or powder coat can make stock stuff look pretty cool.

Zach

thecort

You have to change the bars on a custom! Lol JK All about your style. IMO its like stretched bags, fenders & tank with a stock wheel. Can you do it? Of course but...

Tap it!

smokenjoep01

Good point. On a batwing fairing raked It seems like the stock bars would work but would give very limited adjustment. I have noticed most the custom bars come out and bend quite a bit down low to clear the fairing. Is this the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crutter

Site Supporter
I'm with Zach. Paint or powder can make stock look sick. But if you want to internally wire them it may be a bit tough. Not saying it can't be done though

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
I just dont like the high pointed ends of most custom bars. That pic of the orange bike where Native Customs is promoting their fender looks real good and clean. I wouldnt go beach like them but something stock or rounded at the bend. Also I think it takes away from the lines of the bike with the bars sticking up past the fairing. jmo

AKPrice

One of THE 150!
For a lower budget check out wild1's I have there 14's and they stick over the fairing but I like it. They make shorter bagger bars also.

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I did a lot of bar looking before I bought mine, I think most bars are way over priced just because of who makes them, I bought a pair of santees from my Harley dealer for $100 and they are 14inch apes and came with pull cables to get the internal wiring done, they have smaller bars but for the money and look I couldn't pass it up they are very comfortable and they are and inch and a quarter thick and very well made. Good luck

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
Those look like 16 inch cause mine are 14 and don't go nearly as high as those and I went with a plus 10 cause that's what the Harley dealer does on there's and it gave just enough length but what ever works, measure twice by once :1: