Speedo ?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bagged64

Finally did a little riding and was noticing my speedo kind of acting up after about 80 miles. Did some more riding in the heat and after 1 stop the speedo went to 0 and then never moved again. After I got home and the bike sat a little bit the speedo started to work again. It's a 2002 Road king. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? TIA.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I had some wierd shit like that going on with my 2006 FLHR. I had a RWD all in one tail light with an LED signal modulator and the signal modulator was jacked up which pissed off the rest of the electronics. Might be something to look into.

Bagged64

Well I do have an all in one tail light, but not using a modulator. Might have to look into that.

Guess I'll have to break out the manual and look at the pickup in the tranny.

Bagged64

Ok. Didn't happen on a few short rides I took, but then took another long ride and right before I got back the speedo started acting up and also noticed that the idle dropped real low to the point of almost stalling. Anyone have any more ideas of what I should look at? Thanks.

Bagged64

Funny thing is that it only happens on rides over an hour or so. I will clean and check my battery cables and check my grounds and see if that helps.

Latest posts