Speakers Cutting Out

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Grim

I have a wiered issue going on.
Head unit is the original 4004 Electra Glide unit.
Speakers are Boston Equsticals 6.5".
Had a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp, went out on me yesterday, not sure why yet.
The problem I am experiencing is the speakers are cutting out (best way to describe it), now the weired pert it is only happening when the bike is moving.
Sitting still you can crank the volume up all the way and every thing is fine. Start moving and the start dropping out like a loose wire.
Checked all connections and nothing is lose.
Any body have any advice on where I can look next?:6:

Grim

Just started, like I said amp went out so I removed it and pluged back into the head unit.
They were fine this morning started up as soon as I left work.
I checked the ground and seems fine, not loose. All connections seem fine.

Grim

One thing I havent done yet.
Will get it done but it doesn't make a lot of sense though would it not do the same thing either way moving or sitting still?

Grim

I understand what your saying, one of the hard head things I deal with, just doesn't make enough sense roads can be smooth and no change. It shakes and vibrates pretty good sitting still though. Im not going to rule out what you said though. All connections are tight checked them again (anual that way).
Checked the speakers and the ohm's were 3.3 on both, Speakers are 4 ohm speakers and yes the 04 headunit is an 8 ohm system.

Wanna Ride

I understand what your saying, one of the hard head things I deal with, just doesn't make enough sense roads can be smooth and no change. It shakes and vibrates pretty good sitting still though. Im not going to rule out what you said though. All connections are tight checked them again (anual that way).
Checked the speakers and the ohm's were 3.3 on both, Speakers are 4 ohm speakers and yes the 04 headunit is an 8 ohm system.

Sitting still in the garage, you're not cycling the suspension as when you're going down the road.

And it's A-N-A-L.

Grim

I have the Amp disconnected, out of the bike.
Starting to think it is heat related, the ride to work this morning gave me no issues. The temps today are going to as hot or hotter than yesterday so if it is heat related it should cut in and out again.

Grim

A little more info, Started cutting out again on the way home. Strated up about 4 or 5 minutes of being on the road. After it started cutting out it would stop when you get to a stop light and start up around 28 to 32 MPH, funny thing is when I stoped to refuel it was fine, not sure if it would have started doing it again I was close to home. When I stoped at one light I turned the volume down to about 1/4 and it seemed to be ok, just had a vary hard time hearing it, had to lean on the tank and get close at speeds, not exactly the way I plan to ride.
I checked all the connections again, there is no part of the amp connected .
If it is vibration from riding how do I go about tracking down the cause inorder to fix it?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Check that the push on spade connectors haven't spread. You can squeze them with pliers to get a tighter connection.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Grim

Thanks, I did it. Also checked to make sure the wire to the spades wernt broken or braking.
Also check the factory plug going into the head unit to make sure it was in all the way.

BIG TIME BAGGER

It might be a voltage problem. When u ride check your voltage gauge. It could be overcharging and putting the amp in protection mode.