Spark Plug???

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

ramnj

One of THE 150!
After installing the ThunderMax and Dragula exhaust plus 200+ miles, this is what the spark plugs look like.

Your opinions???

Thanks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334591265.921082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Need more info for a good opinion. Was it idle, cruising, wideopen kill. Don't look to bad just seeing them. The junk fuel were forced to run these days makes plug reading interesting.

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Need more info for a good opinion. Was it idle, cruising, wideopen kill. Don't look to bad just seeing them. The junk fuel were forced to run these days makes plug reading interesting.

Thanks TNTCC. It was mainly cruising with no WOT. RPM's were between 2,400-3,500.

Zach

Site Supporter

I agree with the above, but if I had to give an opinion solely on the pic, I would say it's a little lean. The outer electrode looks white. Have you done any tuning with the TMAX, or did you just install it and run?

Zach

ramnj

One of THE 150!
Have you done any tuning with the TMAX, or did you just install it and run?

Zach

No tuning yet. It came mapped from Frank (Dragula). I looked at the map and the map corresponds to my setup.

I just put new spark plugs in it so I'll check later to see how the new ones look.

Zach

Site Supporter
Don't assume just because the MAP you loaded matches your build components that it doesn't need tuning. I'm sure Frank would agree as well. There are many bike to bike variables that contribute to this. I'm not as familiar with the TMAX, but I believe you should be able to log some data and the software will tell you where the MAP needs help. Could be timing or AFR needs adjustment.

Zach

Gdub

One of THE 150!
Don't assume just because the MAP you loaded matches your build components that it doesn't need tuning. I'm sure Frank would agree as well. There are many bike to bike variables that contribute to this. I'm not as familiar with the TMAX, but I believe you should be able to log some data and the software will tell you where the MAP needs help. Could be timing or AFR needs adjustment.

Zach

You are correct you can log with the t max, you can also upload to zippers if you have any questions or concerns about your map. Randy is a pleasure to deal with. Those don't look bad in my opinion. Give the auto tune some more time, it will only get better.

ramnj

One of THE 150!
I started playing with the software today to get familiar with it. I'm going to run it some more, create some logs and send them to Zippers to see what they say.

Thanks for the replies.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Frank also told me to save your data as a new map then reload that map a few times to get the AFR dialed in tight

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Gdub

One of THE 150!
Frank also told me to save your data as a new map then reload that map a few times to get the AFR dialed in tight

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bill I think the new software has this function, where you can "clean" up the map without having to save and reinstall it.

NHBAGGER

Site Supporter
You really got to run it up on a dyno and see where your air/fuel ia at to know for sure. Pretty hard to read plugs now days, they always seem to look lean.

The plugs look good the The autotune is set up for 13.5/13.8 cruise range and wide open at 13.1. You need to learn how to except the new map curve. The tmax will run in a 22% afr range then it will need to adjust thr trims and it will get tighter every thime you do it. How does the bike run??? is the main question. Just give me a call Im just a phone call away..........

Go to map editing..
Then go to Auto map rewrite.
Than flow the step by step info and your done. Start bike drive it some more.. after a few hundered miles do it again until its perfect...

That easy....

Last edited:

Ferro

Site Supporter
Thanks TNTCC. It was mainly cruising with no WOT. RPM's were between 2,400-3,500.

Your never going to get a good tune by looking at a spark plug on cruising. The only way your going to do it right is WOT then shut it down and pull the plugs. It takes several passes to get it right. It's a little harder to do today with shitty fuel we run today. But you can get real close, I've been doing it this way for years and it still works.

Latest posts