sound at speed

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FSTBGR

is anyone able to hear your speakers clearly over 70-80mph? if so what is your speaker placement? im not a parkin lot pimpin type of dude.....i ride fast and want to hear my music while riding. ive heard pretty much that bag lid and inner fairing speakers are useless over 40mph....i heard the only two that really give u sound while crankin pretty good is stock location and the lowers.........any inputs please....dont want to waste time and money if its not workin when im at speed....thnx AJ

Bill

I used to own some shit!
If you can get four amplified quality speakers in front of you you'll be happy with the sound.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

FSTBGR

im prob gonna have a medallion head unit inst with the focal 165krx2.s in stock location and I think the 165krc's in the lowers, and a arc audio 4 chnl amp. im thinkin about doin it at sturgis with soundz customz.....hes pretty good dude....just need to figure out what I want......i dont mind spending money for sure but it needs to b worth it for me....i only like to pull the trigger once....i will be pissed spending that kind of money and fealing like I made the wrong decision...almost 3000 for a stereo on a bike is crazy to me, but it is what it is if its WORTH it and sounds good....

Last edited:

WFO-SG

Banned
we must have different stock systems cause at the time I had my stock pipes and I couldnt hear them at 60 if I wanted too....the stock system is junk.....

Idk. It's an 07'. I hear mine fine. I have stock exhaust but drilled out the baffles. It's pretty damn loud and I hear my music fine. CD Id louder than the radio.

OutlawBagger

Vendor
Stock radio with hog tunes speakers and tweeter pod. Sound is good at 90. Oh and mines an 07 also. Cd and iPod are louder than the radio. Reinhardt duals.

Tappity tap tap.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
X2, we are working on an 8 speaker system for my boat right now....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

lowdog

One of THE 150!
Fstbgr you got a SG or RG?? RG is gonna have more wind noise depending on the windshield. I installed the entry ststem from soundinstallz a few weeks ago into my wives SG and its a huge difference. Pete will set you in the right dirrection.

Ask Pete if you can take his for a 80mph ride just to be sure! LoL, he might say yes... Also heard alot of folks doing the earplug type headsets... supposedly they work great. BTW, pete is doing the same system for me in Myrtle next month. Just need to call him and lock it in.

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
I have a 8 in klockwerks and i need better sound! I have arc amp and 6.5 hertz hi energy speakers. The problem I have is my speakers clip out when it reaches a certain level. Pete is going to set up my amp to the right gains in Myrtle. Hopefully that helps. it kicks ass when its cranked up and can stay on!

No, No! It's not stalking... I just want to know where you are every day... is a bad thing? LoL I have to call next week to preorder my setup! And look at that... right across from where I am staying on 48th street!Talk then.
The Soundz booth & myself will be at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach.

Thanks guys for all the praise. Can't wait to meet everyone at MB! OH and stalking Benji!? Is that what this is? LOL Thanks for the [email protected]$$ grilles!

Latest posts