Somewhat overwhelmed

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

I am somewhat overwhelmed by the many parts required to build a chopped bagger.
If you were to start buying and stacking parts for a 26'' SG, where do you start. Most expensive or hardest to get? I am sure this topic has been beat up many time. Anyone has a link to this discussion with list of parts and vendors.

start with the grillz... they are the best... oh, I mean WHEEL! Start with the wheel... almost everyone here has had extensive wait time for the wheel.

thecort

Like the guys here said...Wheel first because if time, rake kit etc

Tap it!

BigChief

This maybe a dumb question, but do most guys buy a mathcing set of wheels for their bikes or do they not make matching wheels for the larger wheels 26'' wheels. I never here any talk of rear wheel or see pictures of rear wheels other than talk of using a 200 in the rear with the 2009-13 models.

Dirt_Guy

This maybe a dumb question, but do most guys buy a mathcing set of wheels for their bikes or do they not make matching wheels for the larger wheels 26'' wheels. I never here any talk of rear wheel or see pictures of rear wheels other than talk of using a 200 in the rear with the 2009-13 models.

Rear wheel doesn't show much with stretched bags, especially when air ride is used and dumped while parked. Just an additional cost that will be seen very little.

Rozkopeeko

Yup the wheel .. or you can luck up like i did and find someone who is upgradeing from a 26' to a 30' !!! then the wait time is just for the HHI kit ... for me down time 1 month and thats stretching it ..

keebee

Would go with the wheel first as well if you had to start with the most expensive part you are going to be buying for this project.

Zach

Site Supporter
Rear wheel doesn't show much with stretched bags, especially when air ride is used and dumped while parked. Just an additional cost that will be seen very little.

But for the times it is seen, a matching rear wheel looks much more finished and professional. The least a person should do is match the finish. If running a chrome front wheel, at least chrome the stock rear wheel. Same for powder coat. That finish HD puts on their stock wheels looks like shit IMO.

Zach

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
But for the times it is seen, a matching rear wheel looks much more finished and professional. The least a person should do is match the finish. If running a chrome front wheel, at least chrome the stock rear wheel. Same for powder coat. That finish HD puts on their stock wheels looks like shit IMO.

Zach

Easy Zach.. I have that shitty stock black wheel... No one sees my wheel!
:) I have 8 inch bags I'm less then 2 inches of the ground
I will powder coat it when tire needs replacement until then. That bitch can stay there and get dirty! Lol

Zach

Site Supporter
If you're going to powder coat it then you must agree a little that the factory finish is shit. LOL

Zach

FSTBGR

Zach

I agree, and no offense to anyone who hasnt replaced rear wheel, jmo, I see bikes that are out of control sweet lookin, in the upper $50,000+ range, I dont care how much u c the rear wheel, the minute I see that it doesnt match, its an instant turn off to the bike, lacks attention to detail imo, if I was a guy that said yay or nay workin for a mag, it would b a nay for the bike, if you spend that kind of money on a bike why not finish it? Not tryin to offend anyone or bash them, im just giving my take on that. Attention to deatail is everything....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Woody

I know how this feels...
parts.jpg

And this doesn't include the wheels, rotors, HHI brakes, extended bags, lids and custom liners.

Last edited:

Woody

Zach

I agree. Unfortunately for me, I bagged a softail. So I had no choice but to match the rear wheel, brake rotors, calipers and pulley. I have no side panels to hide anything, even with air ride dumped all the way down.

Latest posts