Solid rear 16" wheel

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
Found a great deal on a solid rear wheel. Only problem is the wheel width is 4". I think my current one is a Revtech 3.5". Any idea if this will be an issue? Mines the old frame (2001), so it came with a 130, I have a 140, but if I am buying a new wheel I want to try a 150. Does a wider rim make the tire width wider, narrower, no difference, what? Not trying to change belt, etc... just a great deal on a solid wheel that is a little larger than my current setup.

Benji

rollinrooster

I helped a good friend of mine put a 18x4.25 with a 150 under his 2001 road king. He had plenty of room. I think you should be fine.

T

Thomason Performance

Yes. It will fit no problem. I have customers that use the 4.25" and run 160 tires. Go for it.

Man Greg, scared me... thought you were stepping in to shoot it down! I ordered it... should be in in a few days. A friend told me that Harley has a spacer that goes behinds the drive pulley that shims it out slightly to make a 150 fit... I know others have asked about the solid rear wheel option. If this works out, and the quality is good, this may work out to be a sweet deal. $605 delivered. Think its RevPro.

T

Thomason Performance

Man Greg, scared me... thought you were stepping in to shoot it down! I ordered it... should be in in a few days. A friend told me that Harley has a spacer that goes behinds the drive pulley that shims it out slightly to make a 150 fit... I know others have asked about the solid rear wheel option. If this works out, and the quality is good, this may work out to be a sweet deal. $605 delivered. Think its RevPro.

Lol. Didn't mean to freak you out! Get an .125" spacer and order it off eBay from Vulcan Machine works. They're down the street from me and make the spacers that are sold in the custom chrome catalog. I can get you one on monday as well if you need it. Did you get a chrome wheel? I sell my smoothie rears for $675.00, polished or powdered, delivered when bought separately.

Latest posts