SMT Maching 9 degree trees with neck gusset for 26"

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Crazyredneck

Sterling? Bro we need to meet up. Same town. I'm bringing my bike to Dave perewitz this winter. $2000 ride in ride out. Unless you can or know a guy who can do it!
Hit my up with a pm

N

Nautical Customs

if you need neck it we can get them for u HHI ones

stockervette

I just installed a set of SMT trees and neck piece over the weekend on my 2010 SG. The install was pretty easy. The neck piece was nice. It is similar to the yaffe deal with a tube in tube design, so you can set your stretch and tweak the rake a little. You have to fab the rest of the pieces to finish boxing the neck, but I think the other's are the same. I didn't use a frame jig, but I checked points on the frame throughout the install. The neck piece fits really tight and is pretty stout so things stayed in place very well. The trees were pretty nice as well. Mine is anodized black, which is kind of nice. No instructions, not that they are really needed. I did have to wait a couple weeks for things to come in though. I can understand the customer service comment, as I don't think they are very well organized. If you are willing to be patient, they are worth a look. I will try to post some pics later tonight.

tboner

is there a big difference between the 08 and older and 09 and newer SMT rake kit?

I have an 08 and want to keep my vin...

Overdrive

I used their block kit and tripple trees for a 26" and I am not sure I would again. I ordered everything for the bike using the correct year and model and I was surprised at how much I had to change and fabricate on the trees and wheel I ordered. Nothing that wasn't correctable but probably took me atleast an extra day in work and thats being kind.

Customer service was horrible as well, they are definately not organized or patient with customers. There were multiple screw ups before I even recieved my order. Would I order from them again, not sure I would. I think the money I saved was blown in time.

Overdrive

What had to be modified

The bushings for the tripple tree were wronghad to be modified, bolts for the handle bars were about an inch to long, bolts to tighten the lower tripple trees to the forks were so long the wouldn't tighten down on the forks. The stock bolts for the cans wouldn't mount up to the tripple trees because they didn't machine out enough space for the head to fit in, figured they would have included the bolts for the cans if the stock wasn't to be used so I had to go search those out.

The wheel caused me to have to make modifications as well. The 97 has a smaller diameter inner ring for the disc brakes, the wheel they sent was for a newer model and it has a larger diameter with an inner lip, so I had to order new discs or cut the wheel lip out and I opted for new discs and modified those to fit the speedometer for the 97. etc. etc.

Seems to me like everthing they sent was for a newer model and thats why I had to change so much. When I ordered everything they said the tripple tree and rake kit was the same for all models, 80 through 08.

Last edited: