Sinister

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TXSNIPER

What's the deal with Shopes and this forum? There are many here sporting his products and many here that pretty much can't stand him. Are there professional issues or just personal issues? I for one think that he has some pretty nice stuff, albeit expensive but would like to know the reasoning for some of the bashing.

Wanna Ride

I've heard several issues with quality control. Kinda disappointing on something that's expensive, and the overall design looks cool.

ScrubCycles

Im a big dealer of his products, and the one time I had an issue with quality control, I contacted him directly, and he took care of the situation. There are certain pieces of his that I love, and others that I reccommend competators products. As far as price, contact me and I can work on that. Most anything you get aftermarket has a huge pricetag on it.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I got no problem with Shope, in fact in the beginning I asked them to be a part of the site.

These days I don't ask anyone, if they want to be part of the forum they will find us...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TXSNIPER

Several of us are on the other site. Nothing wrong with that, both have their benefits. (This one definitely has more knowledge!)

thecort

Seems like Shopes got some good stuff. I have heard more than a few complaints though.

Tap it!

TXSNIPER

Update on the fairing. I had to slot the holes on my lower tree skirt to get the lower mounts to line up. I pulled the threaded inserts out of the two middle mounts and had to JB Weld those back in. After all that though the fairing looks great! The shit you've just got to deal with sometimes when you're building a full custom. I know pretty much every member on this forum is also a member of the "Shit Don't Fit" club.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Update on the fairing. I had to slot the holes on my lower tree skirt to get the lower mounts to line up. I pulled the threaded inserts out of the two middle mounts and had to JB Weld those back in. After all that though the fairing looks great! The shit you've just got to deal with sometimes when you're building a full custom. I know pretty much every member on this forum is also a member of the "Shit Don't Fit" club.

In!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

luckye173

Site Supporter
I have his product and everything fits nice. i have no complaints. Hell i got his saddlebags for $600 and the rear fender for $489.

Opunui

Here is my exsperience..
I bought a FL front fender..warped and 3/16" out of being symmetrical.
I bought a pair of his speaker lids..holes were drilled in the wrong spot. I called and personally talked with John, he blamed it on a chick who flipped the template upside down. He said he would take care..never did.
I bought a set of his bags chipped and broken when they arrived. So much for PPO being strong.
I bought his windscreen with he hidden hardware, one plug was stripped made it useless.

So yes I have used and bought his products. Never again will I put myself or clients thru this. There are way to many vendors making great products out there who are willing to bend over backwards for you. That's who I will deal with.

So I am sure there are some outstanding post about Shoppes shop, I just think someone missed the boat in his Quality Control department.IMO

Aloha,
Bobby

thekid

i have got stuff from the needed a lot of body work to get smooth some people say shit is twisted not to straight to each is own some people like it a lot others not so much

Zach

Site Supporter
Here is my exsperience..
I bought a FL front fender..warped and 3/16" out of being symmetrical.
I bought a pair of his speaker lids..holes were drilled in the wrong spot. I called and personally talked with John, he blamed it on a chick who flipped the template upside down. He said he would take care..never did.
I bought a set of his bags chipped and broken when they arrived. So much for PPO being strong.
I bought his windscreen with he hidden hardware, one plug was stripped made it useless.

So yes I have used and bought his products. Never again will I put myself or clients thru this. There are way to many vendors making great products out there who are willing to bend over backwards for you. That's who I will deal with.

So I am sure there are some outstanding post about Shoppes shop, I just think someone missed the boat in his Quality Control department.IMO

Aloha,
Bobby

The most disappointing part of all that is that he told you he would take care of the speaker lids and didn't. I can accept that a manufacturer puts out an inferior product. I refuse to accept being lied to.

Zach

Latest posts