Sinister Industries Top Shelf Wide Ass Bags ans Side Cover fitting issues

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

nkkelley

Got a call from my painter that he is having issues with the Sinister Industries extended side covers fitting with the Sinister Industries Top Shelf Wide Ass bags. The side covers will not fit where they are supposed to pop on. No room. The other side is too tight, where the bag and the side cover will rub, killing my paint. Does anyone have suggestions I can give him to get the fit to be right and even. I am trying to get my 2010 Road Glide ready for Panama City Thunder Rally and don't have time to waste. Have not heard back from Dirty Bird Concepts, where I purchased the items from. Really disappointed considering how much bread I dropped on these. Any suggestions are appreciated.

evobagger

Site Supporter
thats why they have a 24hr return window.....you will find lots on here with very little good to say about the fitment from them or the customer service and i am one of them...now without seeing your issue its tough to say what to do...but you will probably need to shave down the edge top create the desired gap on the one side that rubs...as for the other who knows without seeing

nkkelley

I am a new member, and just this evening I have read a lot of comments about the lousy fit their product has. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it

Flite30

Site Supporter
Sinister's customer service is horrible. When you order something through them confirm with them what you ordered and that everything is there before they ship it. Ordered a brand new pipe. One of the heat shields were missing when I opened the box. Had to pay another $140.00 for the missing shield. I've heard from many, they don't do returns.
Like Evobagger mention, sound like your painter needs to do a little shaving for a better fitment. I went with Top shop's Black Death Bags with Camtech's side covers and they fit perfectly. I am building my first full custom bagger. I'm really surprised some of the stuff vendors are putting out there.
Has your painter done baggers before? I'm finding out there is a lot of prep work behind the scene to make these bike look the way they do. Much more difficult then restoring a classic car.

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
Do you have pictures? I had to trim my side covers so that they were not rubbing against the bag and I could adjust my bags where I wanted them to sit

reficul

I grinded my side covers down with 4" grinder with an abrasive flap wheel. Left 1/8" gap. Picked up 3" strips of Velcro from Home Depot put a piece on the top and bottom where the bag and cover meet. Looks perfect and paint is safe. A lot of people come down on Shoppe. I think the guy has great ideas. I still like his products.

green goblin

All great ideas guys but the big picture is that you are SUPPOSEDLY buying very high quality ABS/Fiberglass product for almost $2K, you shouldnt have to be sanding down anything. If i had bought the same set for $800 i would expect that there is going to be some puttying, sanding, and grinding involved in correct fitment. I just hope Dirty Bird concepts stands by there company to respect that individual are spending there hard earned money for a good product and to honor all returns and exchanges, i'm definitely watching how this goes since i will be in the market for some new long bags and fenders.

Crazyredneck

First off why has Eddie gone silent?
Second sorry but when will people learn.
Thirdly his parts are for builder. Not people who want the process to be easy. Read that with sarcasm.

venomized

Hell all the reviews on half the people in the industries parts being a shitty fit and needing tons of prep work to make work and look right and the experience friends have haf with one in particular, you might as well buy Fairing Factory parts. At least then you KNOW your going to have to do prep and your not paying assloads of money for a name and a shitty product.

drinkslinger55

I ordered a top shelf kit for my bike and have been installing it the last few days. Bags, fender, lids, and side covers. I will be honest I was pleasantly surprised with it. I read countless horror stories about sinister quality and even John himself. But in all fairness the pieces I got from them are pretty nice. Yes they will need prep work and yes I will have to trim side covers but it tells you right on the website that you will have to do that when you order the stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
I ordered a top shelf kit for my bike and have been installing it the last few days. Bags, fender, lids, and side covers. I will be honest I was pleasantly surprised with it. I read countless horror stories about sinister quality and even John himself. But in all fairness the pieces I got from them are pretty nice. Yes they will need prep work and yes I will have to trim side covers but it tells you right on the website that you will have to do that when you order the stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I haven't had any problems with the stuff either..

Vrchops

One of THE 150!
I have the top shelf bags and fender too no issues with mine either.. I was really happy with the quality.. I don't have the side covers though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nkkelley

Green Goblin, those are my sentiments exactly. I spent over 2K on the bags and side covers. For that price there shouldn't need to be any modifications. My RK had 700 stretched bags that fit perfectly.

nkkelley

When you say trim the side covers, can you explain in a little more detail, so that I can pass on to my painter. He says he needs about 1.5 inches more room to get the left bag on. He said he could possibly adjust the right bag to get a little more space.

nkkelley

I'm going by his shop tomorrow to take pixs. I have a 2010 RG and he says that he can't move the bags back any further for them to fit evenly on both sides. Hard to explain without seeing for myself. Can you explain a little more on how you trimmed the side covers. For instance which end was trimmed ie., side that meets up with the bag. Your assistance is sooo appreciated.